New guy....New system....

Hello everyone, loving this forum :)

I just purchased a skar rp 2000.1 and two 15 inch ddx dual 2 ohm. Everything should be arriving Mon or tues and I'm really excited but I just realized I'll only be able to run the amp @ 2 ohm. Will that be enough juice to get the subs moving or will I need to get another rp 2000??? I know if I go that route I'll have to upgrade the alternator add a battery, big 3 upgrade etc etc just wanted to get some opinions first. Sorry for the noob question but it's been awhile since I've had the time or money to play around with my ride so I'm a little rusty to say the least lol

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

No, I don't have shit for electrical lol but I plan on running two 14v batteries and a HO alt charging at 16v. Each sub will have 3.5 cubes...just wondering if I'd be better off running just one sub for now until I upgrade electrical and get another amp..

06 escalade ext. I think the factory alt is 150-160 amp. Yea... I was thinking about wiring it to .5 lol but figured I'd wait at least until I upgrade all the electrical. Seems like it'd be alright at 16 volts, worst case scenario it burns up and I have to buy two 1ks... it was only 200 bucks so no biggie

Edited by gatorlac

On 4/27/2017 at 10:20 AM, skaraudio said:

The RP-2000 on (2) of our DDX's should jam all day! 

Finally got everything hooked up last night and yes...it definitely jams!!! Running @ 2 ohms and the subs are barely moving. Decided against .5 ohm, when the rp2000 is back in stock I'm gonna buy another so each 15 will have it's own amp. Of course I'll have to set gains at halfway or less... which means eventually I'll have to upgrade the subs lol

Oh yea.... hooked up a 2nd battery in back and big 3 upgrade 0 guage wire all the way. Also running sk 85.4 on four infinity kappa 6.5 components and they're absolutely screaming!!! I still can't get over the quality of skar vs the price, would easily be three or 4 times as much for similar products elsewhere. Have a pair of tx 6.5s I'll be installing once I order some custom door pods, I'm sure those will jam too lol

On 5/1/2017 at 2:24 PM, gatorlac said:

Or maybe I'll just pick up 2 X RP1500.1s and sell the RP2K.... decisions, decisions Hmmmm...

That would work as well because you could run them at 1 OHM since you have the 2 DDX-15 D2's. We have the RP-1500.1D amps in stock and ready to ship!

- Cuba R.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg