New guy....New system....

Just ordered another 2K!! Can't wait to get both of em up and running, I figure I'll break the subs in nice and slow, enjoy them for awhile with the amps at half gain or less...Then when I'm ready to upgrade to the EVL 15's or maybe  18"s I'm gonna crank em all the way up (without distortion) and beat the hell out of these ddxs :) there's a slight chance I'll sell em instead but that's no fun lol. Don't worry tho, I won't try returning them under warranty lmao, I'm sure I'll wait at least a year anyway

I also picked up a rp 150.4 which will be running 2 pax65s and 2 evl65s. Those little subs look like they'd produce some amazing midbass!!! But for the life of me I can't find they're frequency range anywhere....any help?????

I'm equally excited about the pax65s, if they can really take 260 watts over that range they'll sound amazing. On top of that I have a 30 band eq and a 4 way crossover on the way. This is the first system that I've invested into other stuff besides bass and I probably went overboard lol. I've got a total of 10 6.5s right now! 4 infinity components, 2 evls,  2 pax and 2 txs. Not sure if I'll end up running all that lol but who knows I could end up running more haha. Gut pods for the front doors that hold 2x6.5s each and another in each rear door as well. Spent a few hours today removing all the Bose crap from the center console, figure I can fit a couple in there and I've still got plenty of room under the back seats, oh yea I can also get some kick pods but I'll hold off till I get all this set up first. Gonna post some pics by the end of the month

Please Lmk what the range is on those evl65s!!! 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Dude post some pics..I used to have a escalade 08 and my buddie still owns his too a 06 and a 08..Great trucks,,,somtimes i wish i didnt trade it in 

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Yea this is my 2nd escalade, love em. First one was an 05 but just a base model the size of a tahoe with a 5.3 this EXT is all wheel drive with a 6.0 and it's a beast!! Basically it's a short bed luxury 3/4 ton lol. I got a 3/5 drop from Tony at norcal SS. Before the escalades I owned a SLS and a STS with the northstar engine. Was really fast and really nice cars but so expensive to work on, I love that if something breaks on my truck I can just get parts from any full size GM, it's almost like owning a Honda lol with the huge selection of aftermarket parts and a dozen vehicles with compatible parts... love it. Gonna post a pic right now, soon as I figure out how to from my phone

Last night I ordered 56 sq ft of 80 mil butyl with foil backing, 40 sq ft of 2lb mlv and 40 sq ft of CCF, that's all just for the doors. Gonna do the floor and roof but I'm waiting till I find a good deal on a pair of captains seats, I'll be swapping them for the rear bench. Once I get the system all hooked up I'll do the bed too. Thank god my garage has AC it's getting hot outside. Will be posting lots of pics once I start installing everything, hopefully it's all here by the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to take care of some personal stuff and some business related things so I'm just now getting back to the install. Covered all the doors in CLD and just finished my homemade luxury liner for one door. 2lb MLV and 1/4 inch CCF, I'll knock out another door tonight and finish the other two over the weekend. Don't have much free time for the next week or so, really makes things slow when I only get to work an hour or two each day

2017-05-26 20.05.48.jpg

2017-05-26 20.06.14.jpg

On May 7, 2017 at 3:24 AM, gatorlac said:

I also picked up a rp 150.4 which will be running 2 pax65s and 2 evl65s. Those little subs look like they'd produce some amazing midbass!!! But for the life of me I can't find they're frequency range anywhere....any help?????

Please Lmk what the range is on those evl65s!!! 

The frequency is 50-250hz

Also make sure the EVL-65's are in some type of enclosure, they are a subwoofer not a mid bass driver. They aren't designed to run in an open environment just a FYI! 

Im running two EVL-65's in a T-Line in my Jeep and they play 30-100+ but thats also because they are in a T-line.

- Devin

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, I'm actually installing them in the front doors for the time being. I know that's not ideal but I covered all the holes with big sheets of abs plastic that's been covered in MLV. I figure I'll also keep the power pretty low until I move from the door to a proper enclosure. I think when it's all said and done I'll end up with just one under the front console and put the other in the trunk of my girls accord.

I'm still debating whether I should get captains in the back or just cut out the middle of the bench. Either way I'd like to build a rear console to hide my 2nd battery and one or more amps. My eq and crossover will either be in the front center console, right under the armrest or mounted to the back of the rear drivers side seat.

I've never changed my mind so many times about the layout of my system but I'm having fun along the way. I've yet to find anyone online who's successfully swapped the bench in an ext but I'm pretty sure it'll work if the donor is an esv, suburban or Yukon xl. If anyone reads this and knows it won't work please Lmk!!

Wish I could post some pics but it's saying I can only upload .03 MB... got everything hooked up, still need to tune eq and crossover. Took out the bench seat and ordered rear captains chairs a couple days ago. Very excited about getting those in (if they fit). Then I'll build a rear center console to hide the battery and all the amps

The evl 65s actually sound good in my doors but I'm gonna replace them with something else, not exactly sure yet but I'm leaning towards some midbass. I thought since they were smaller they'd hit some higher frequencies but they don't, already having two 15s they're just a waste...Or maybe I'll put a single 8 in the front console and replace the 65s with some more midranges..Likely another pair of the pax and yet another pair mounted on top of the rear console. It might sound like overkill and it is lol but I already plan on upgrading the ddx's so I'm trying to get the mids and highs to overpower the subs for now

Post pics to a image hosting site like Photobucket or Imgur or something similar, then just copy and paste the picture's URL in the reply box, and you won't have to worry about size limitation