Sundown Audio

Best amplifier to run 2 18" fi sp4 v2 (THA HOE Build)

Sundown42089

If you already have the subs, get the amp you can, for $1200. Don't focus on power yet !

Without serious electrical upgrades you'd better run small power, and save some more for alts and batts. 

You can still have fun with 1000 per sub until you can run more. :)  

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I just realized how expensive my electrical upgrade would be on 8000 now that you mention that..So I'm gona start with 1 18 for now on a skar 3500 a 370 mechman and a few Batts, and work my way up to a second alt another sub, amp, and a few more Batts.....By next year in tax season I should be able to finish this build!!!...But the real question is the skar amps good quality? Or should I save more money and mine as well grab the cresendo bc3500.......And to save a little money would a 370 and 240 mechman be enough amps to run the vehicle and both 18s effeciently or do I need another 370?

I would go a different route than a Skar. They aren bad but you could get better. Look into an Ampere Audio 3800. That amp will put out over 4k at 1ohm.

https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/content/ampere-audio-aa-38001-3800w-rms-monoblock-car-amplifier

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

There are many options for a good amp that can handle .5 but they aren't cheep . I'm am American Bass VFL fan also Digital Designs, Sundown, Ampere. I'm sure there are a lot more just look at some builds on this site and ask a lot of questions. It's just better to buy the good equipment first and have to keep replacing things. I like your idea of starting smal and building up 1 18 is still gonna pound.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Maybe start with an 18 at .5 on a single amp. Then a second sub and amp later. Or if it was me I would do two amps on one sub then second sub later.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

15 hours ago, Sundown42089 said:

I just realized how expensive my electrical upgrade would be on 8000 now that you mention that..So I'm gona start with 1 18 for now on a skar 3500 a 370 mechman and a few Batts, and work my way up to a second alt another sub, amp, and a few more Batts.....By next year in tax season I should be able to finish this build!!!...But the real question is the skar amps good quality? Or should I save more money and mine as well grab the cresendo bc3500.......And to save a little money would a 370 and 240 mechman be enough amps to run the vehicle and both 18s effeciently or do I need another 370?

Electrical aint cheap :(

23 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Maybe start with an 18 at .5 on a single amp. Then a second sub and amp later. Or if it was me I would do two amps on one sub then second sub later.

I will be joining competitions after build, but I would like to try to keep it for daily driving...So I don't Wana push the shit out of it lol...And if I do end up running .50 ohm 1 amp should be plenty for 1 sub thanks

On 4/23/2017 at 11:54 AM, Keith77 said:

I would go a different route than a Skar. They aren bad but you could get better. Look into an Ampere Audio 3800. That amp will put out over 4k at 1ohm.

https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/content/ampere-audio-aa-38001-3800w-rms-monoblock-car-amplifier

So I actually took a look at these amps a CPL weeks ago and JP actually sells them...You think this would be better than the bc3500, bc they are around the same price range...But JP sells both and he runs cresendo? ...And I know it's a 3800 and not 3500 but for longevity and quality which one?

Archived