Sundown Audio

Best amplifier to run 2 18" fi sp4 v2 (THA HOE Build)

Sundown42089

Im wondering what kinda AMP  to run Fi sp4 v2s, they take up to 3500 watts rms and I would like to run them at 1/2 ohm. but I don't wana spend any more than 1200. One other question should I buy 2 amp and run them separately, or buy one big. Im gona need atleast 7000 watts rms obviously, but working with 1200 budget is gona be hard for picking the best buy for high quality....my expectations are for pure spl and subs will be placed in a 12 to 16 cube 6th order.....all opinions matter, im trying to make the best build for the money, any help will be very much appreciated Thank You..........................................ps battery and alternator suggestions also for this build because that's the first thing im changing over, im thinking mechman 370 and xs, seems to be most popular

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will give you an example
I ran a DD m5 @ .5 on a mechman 370 and 250 with 6 group 31 ( 4 xs xp3000 ). Clamped 6800w on a TL at 30hz on a burp.
you're are gonna something bigger than an m5 to reach 3500w per sub on music/daily. That kind of power doesn't usually show up for $1200.
Also running .5 you will need good electrical.
This info is for actual Fi users

I am curious as to why your first post is about Fi with a user name of Sundown? Are you a troll ? Are you a Sundown nuthugger?

I'm aware of a good electrical set up to run .50 ohm, I have plenty of time to to set this up and I won't be cutting corners with electrical.....I am not a sundown nuthugger but I amcurrently running sa 15 that's why I choose that name...I wouldn't mind the zv5s but for the price sp4s are a little cheaper and I used to own a fi bl 18 and I loved it...Along with dc ssa dd aq all good brands.....So o guess o gotta work some OT I was thinking cresendo, sundown...Any other suggestions?

Well, Ive run an M5 at .5 on 2 v1 sp4 15's and 151.7 I think.
If I hadn't sold my scv6's I was gonna try 1 scv6 per sub @ 1ohm each.
1 amp or 2 is a user preference. Lets say you have truck build and a DC 10k wont fit. then you'd want 2 smaller amps.
I recommend all Fi build house subs
There is a link for my build log in my signature. Take a look.

for 2 SP4 i would be looking for 8kw.. You will have to buy used to get 8k for $1200

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

2 hours ago, Sundown42089 said:

Isn't skar a knockoff sundown? Has anyone run skar amps and had problems? And is it .50 ohm stable.,....And thanks smoove, I have plenty of room so getting 1 or 2 wouldn't matter in that case

Your gonna need at least 3grand in electrical and your talking about budget amps , keep saving your money and just do it right.  Start looking for an ALT bracket for multiple ALT's to run 8k and that's without mid's

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived