Second Skin Audio

Super Neo Temporary Enclosure *advice please*

So the Super Neo is still sitting pretty since I have been working on starting a cultivation business and doing research for a non-provisional patent the last 3 years now, but for my physics class we had to do a project and since second semester is mostly waves and EM stuff I figured I'd bring in the woofer for a demonstration.

I have 6 pieces of 4'x2' plain old 3/4" MDF, can someone please give me advise on some 'safe' dimensions I can throw together for a short demo? I am not looking for the perfect enclosure, I know it's hard without T/S params and I haven't done enclosure stuff in years so I forget a lot about it. It's an 18" and I just want a box which will allow it to get loud for a classroom full of kids. 

Recommended dimensions and cubes and port dimensions especially for tuning would be great. Or at least what tuning and cubes I should want then I can use whatever calculator is the most reliable in your opinions.

Additionally, the chevelle should be finished by the end of June, where the super neo will finally go. Yes, I know it's been literally forever.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

how wide are the doors on the classroom? not that i can help much with the design, just thought i would ask before people start designing.

Just now, strangeduck said:

how wide are the doors on the classroom? not that i can help much with the design, just thought i would ask before people start designing.

there are three doors in the lab each is the same size, I would say a typical door size, maybe 3' wide and 7.5' to 8' tall??

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Make an IB baffle board that can be mounted in the door way of the classroom.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I'm trying to build it tomorrow though that's the only day I'll have time and I'm positive the teacher won't let me mount it in the doorway

I missed Alan.

Id just throw it in like 4cuft sealed, im sure it'll be louder than what most people in your class have heard regardless of the enclosure you use.

And 18" subs have the wow factor for people that havent seen them before.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

1 minute ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Id just throw it in like 4cuft sealed, im sure it'll be louder than what most people in your class have heard regardless of the enclosure you use.

And 18" subs have the wow factor for people that havent seen them before.

I'll go sealed if nobody helps me with the port but I was hoping to get the wow-factor from how much air the port will be moving

I missed Alan.

1 hour ago, Kyblack76 said:

I'm just here to say welcome back... long time man. 

lol thanks man

I missed Alan.

Archived