Sundown Audio

CAB 1600.1... Any guesses what happened?

1gggman1

I know 6 of those that were bought from a few audio groups on FB. You should feel lucky it or they have lasted that long. I don't give a single fuck what people run. It's your system and your money. But I will say all but 1 of the 6 bought that I know of, took a dump. 3 with in the second week of being turned on. The one that is remaining was quickly sold from the original buyer and I think is sitting on a shelf from the new owner waiting to be installed. Again, I don't care or give a shit what anyone runs. Send it in for a replacement.

Also, I want to say, that the service, after those boards took a shit was horrible. No communication, run around type shit.

So, best of luck with that. I'm sure it will go smooth and you will have another board  in no time.  Or something like that.

If you can slam the door and make it work, it sounds like one of the connections on the board is loose. Send it back before the warranty runs out.

Check out dbr electronics. They have refurb sundown amps with a one year warranty.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

That's a badass site just checked it out

Just now, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

If you can slam the door and make it work, it sounds like one of the connections on the board is loose. Send it back before the warranty runs out.

Check out dbr electronics. They have refurb sundown amps with a one year warranty.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

2 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

I know 6 of those that were bought from a few audio groups on FB. You should feel lucky it or they have lasted that long. I don't give a single fuck what people run. It's your system and your money. But I will say all but 1 of the 6 bought that I know of, took a dump. 3 with in the second week of being turned on. The one that is remaining was quickly sold from the original buyer and I think is sitting on a shelf from the new owner waiting to be installed. Again, I don't care or give a shit what anyone runs. Send it in for a replacement.

Also, I want to say, that the service, after those boards took a shit was horrible. No communication, run around type shit.

So, best of luck with that. I'm sure it will go smooth and you will have another board  in no time.  Or something like that.

I got horrible customer service from them as well when i ordered my sa18, i would never do business with that company again.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

They got back tome quickly this AM and I shipped it off... I might change to a single amp now, we'll see. The things I hear about this brand are making me nervous... hell, mine only lasted 8 months. Lots of power for sure but it is not doin' me any good right now. Any suggestions for a reasonably priced true 3K into 1 ohm?

Meh looks like your having issues since you mounted it to the box and its vibrating itself to shit...Did have my first amp shit out on me from a bad capacitor..Then the new CAB that i had ran me good for the 8 months that i had it until i switched to a bigger amp ..Currently in my buddies rig and hes liking it 

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

6 minutes ago, Beanz said:

Meh looks like your having issues since you mounted it to the box and its vibrating itself to shit...Did have my first amp shit out on me from a bad capacitor..Then the new CAB that i had ran me good for the 8 months that i had it until i switched to a bigger amp ..Currently in my buddies rig and hes liking it 

You've seen what loud bass does to the whole entire vehicle right?

If so then explain how it will escape the vibration by being mounted someplace else?

a good quality amp would never come apart like that, period 

Car audio bargains products are shit and so is their customer service.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

2 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

You've seen what loud bass does to the whole entire vehicle right?

If so then explain how it will escape the vibration by being mounted someplace else?

a good quality amp would never come apart like that, period 

Car audio bargains products are shit and so is their customer service.

Mine did okay being mounted on my back seats when id fold my seats down.And if his box was properly braced and no flex from the box then he could get away with mounting it on the box.But doesn't look like it ...and shit for 200 what the hell do you expect man..Cheap amp .Does the power. not the best power..but it does it 

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Possibly the first box I had when I first got the amp did the damage... when I did my rebuild is when i noticed the board had moved in the heatsink...

Live and learn, I guess... any Ideas on a 3K that is good into 1 ohm that is reasonably priced but well built?

Archived