Running 5K? What's your electrical like?

if i have learned anything from car audio its that your current draw vs your expected current demands are not the same. my current draw has always been highest near crossover overlap and then at some point near tuning. im running 2 1500's at .5 each and have a single 1/.0 with a 350a fuse and no issues. take that as you will. results may vary. 160amp alt and 2 g34 batts. drop to mid 11's sometimes, i never back off the volume.

28 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Grounds are grounds don't need to run them from frt batt to rear batt, 

I thought the same thing till I read something on the forum about how chassis grounds weren't good enough and that you needed front to back grounds...what ever that ment.

I  gotcha thoe...thank you 

53 minutes ago, Masterbasser said:

I ran a 5k at .7 ohms on  a mechman 320 and 3 g 31s and it was overkill, prolly woulda been fine on 1 -2 batteries

should add my car was idling around 1200 rpms at the time prolly makes a big difference on alt output

How many runs from front to back did you have, and inbetween batts? I have a 280a US alt right now, 1 run of pos/neg to back and a single xp3000 currently on a scv4000 and I can easily drop to 10-11v. Seeing so many mixed answers here lmao

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

there was testing done on a unibody car. they tried a run vs chassis. i think if you dig around you will find the video. tony d'amore had a part in it if i remember correctly

29 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

if i have learned anything from car audio its that your current draw vs your expected current demands are not the same. my current draw has always been highest near crossover overlap and then at some point near tuning. im running 2 1500's at .5 each and have a single 1/.0 with a 350a fuse and no issues. take that as you will. results may vary. 160amp alt and 2 g34 batts. drop to mid 11's sometimes, i never back off the volume.

Wow...Trying to wrap my head around that. Guess  a little overkill wouldn't  hurt...results may vary, lol

im an idiot but ive never lost an amp. i would never encourage someone to run expensive equipment on crap electrical. but music is a weird animal and everyone has a different experience. i will tell you that 99% of people will tell you to plan for the worse and expect the best. i just turn the volume up.

so I have no batteries in front. I ran 0000 gauge from alt positive and alt ground(where alt bolts to bracket) to the 3 batteries in rear

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

5 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

there was testing done on a unibody car. they tried a run vs chassis. i think if you dig around you will find the video. tony d'amore had a part in it if i remember correctly

Yeah, Tony D. I saw the same vid a while back. The test proved positive. Long runs not needed. 

ct 4k

stock alt

no big three

d3400 under the hood

eight bc600s 

1/0 everywhere except from alt

dropped to 11s ez 

----

took out bc600s and replaced with ONE northstar sms220.

12.9 @ idle full tilt. 13.5 while driving. That battery surprised the crap out of me.  

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

3 minutes ago, Mitchaford said:

ct 4k

stock alt

no big three

d3400 under the hood

eight bc600s 

1/0 everywhere except from alt

dropped to 11s ez 

----

took out bc600s and replaced with ONE northstar sms220.

12.9 @ idle full tilt. 13.5 while driving. That battery surprised the crap out of me.  

Good lord...from 8 to 1. Thats one hell of a ratio. Lol

Archived