Second Skin Audio

Rockford Silver T2 12" Box help

krazz619

Hey guys, I'm gonna probably pick up this old silver Rockford Fosgate T2 12" sub, I wanna make a box for. 

My max dimensions for my hatch is roughly

Width=38"
Height=15"
Depth=20"

3/4" MDF if thats cool

T212D2

It would be cool to learn how to properly design a box for myself if Someone can show or tell me how.

Thanks in advance

2015 Scion tC

DieHard AGM Battery, Stock Alternator, with Big 3

Alpine CDA-105, Hertz Energy 6.5" 3 Way Components, Skar TX65 Coaxials

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

Skar RP-1500.1D and RP-150.4AB

Ok first, I wanna apologize for double posting if that is a bad thing.

Second, I'd like to apologize again because I wanna change the sub i am requesting a box for.

It will be a T2D215 yes 15". Same max dimensions posted above. Can I use 3/4inch MDF with this big guy? Or atleast I wanna try it, maybe have to double baffle?

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22593_Rockford-Fosgate-Power-T2D215.html

Please help with tips and advice whenever

Thanks again

2015 Scion tC

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

1 hour ago, sTp said:

First of all what car is this going in what type of music do you listen to and what amp are you going to be powering the sub with? 

Why does any of that matter about the box???

Anyways, 2015 Scion tC, rap, edm, lots of bass music, and a soundqubed 750.1 for now but I'll go bigger later.

2015 Scion tC

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

1 hour ago, krazz619 said:

Why does any of that matter about the box???

Anyways, 2015 Scion tC, rap, edm, lots of bass music, and a soundqubed 750.1 for now but I'll go bigger later.

That information matters because there isn't a single set of box specs that will be best for a sub in all situations. Every install is different. 

What vehicle its it's going in determines which direction having the subs and port face will most likely be best.  What music you listen to influences what port tuning you might want.  How much power you will be running determines how much net volume and port area the box should have.  You said you will be upgrading amps, how much power do you anticipate you will be running after the upgrade?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

28 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

That information matters because there isn't a single set of box specs that will be best for a sub in all situations. Every install is different. 

What vehicle its it's going in determines which direction having the subs and port face will most likely be best.  What music you listen to influences what port tuning you might want.  How much power you will be running determines how much net volume and port area the box should have.  You said you will be upgrading amps, how much power do you anticipate you will be running after the upgrade?

Probably around 1000-1200, it says 1200rms

2015 Scion tC

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

I managed to create my own box that I am gonna try out.

W x H x D=35" x 14"x 19"

all 3/4" MDF!

port width=4"

2nd port piece=19"

if these numbers are right, i should be around 1.76cubicft and box tuned around 31hz

wish me luck, i am excited for my new project. ill post pictures somewhere on these forums hopefully.

thanks, kinda

2015 Scion tC

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

1 hour ago, sTp said:

Just based on the measurements from above here is what my measurements came out with on torres.

Also if this is for a 15'' you need more space 2.59 CUFT net is not very much for a 15''.

ok change the port width to 3.25" also how did you get the port length 33.25? is it the length of the 2 pieces that make the port? it should be 32.5 i believe.  how do i increase the net volume and how do i figure out how much i should have?

2015 Scion tC

Rockford Fosgate T2D215

Well based on it being a 15'' Rockford suggest 3.25 net for there high output enclosure but since your under powering it you could go bigger and just to let you know i also had the same sub that you are looking at and i made a box that was around 3.80 net tuned to 31 Hz and was powered off a T1000-BDcp birth sheet said it done 1534 at 1 ohm and played pretty well only thing that i would have done is tuned it slightly higher other than that it sounded good.

And how you go about increasing net volume you need to make the box bigger what are your MAX dimensions if you give max dimension you can always shrink the box to suit. 

Archived