05 Acura TL, DD 9518, M2a, ported rear deck

Thanks slot! I wasn't sure how the rear deck port was gonna work. Ie cancellation issues or something. So now it works it's time to pretty it up. I'm going out of town to work for a couple weeks, when I get back in gonna pull the headliner and deaden the roof and fix a few rattles. 

I'm saving up for a couple batts, ho alt, and another m2a if i can find one. Want to run them strapped @1 ohm and see what it can do. The single m2a isn't nearly enough for it.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

• 1 month later...

So screw photobucket... but I think you can still view my album from this link

http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/skuhleman/library/?view=recent&page=1

So basshead problems! Broke my first windshield due to subs! Was playing a slowed "Chevy ridin high" and crack! Couple pics in the album.

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Man I would love to hear this one day, I'm in Arlington as well. 

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

3 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

Man I would love to hear this one day, I'm in Arlington as well. 

Any time bud. Let me fix the windshield first though. The way it is now, looks like it will blow all the way out at just 1/4 volume lol. Plus I'm heading out of town for work and will be gone a couple weeks. I'll hit you up when I get back

05 TL build log SOLD

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got the windshield replaced today! Found a mobile guy to do it for $125. Not bad at all! Now to pull the headliner and figure out some bracing. Really don't want to do a stripper pole. Really shouldn't need one... 18 on a 2k.... but how do you brace around a sunroof?

05 TL build log SOLD

Well fixed the pictures on the first page. 

Here's the windshield broken

RYPW1PB.jpg

PqBwpoy.jpg

Here's the headliner pulled. Gonna deaden the roof and recover the really bad headliner.

fePDODd.jpg

Oslw76p.jpg

JlEQIht.jpg

05 TL build log SOLD

This is sick! I'm starting on my 05' TL this week. Wondering if you have any better pics of your porting through the rear deck? I had thought of doing this but wasn't sure about cancellation as you mentioned. Box will be similar to yours but with two 12s. Thanks man and keep up the solid work!!

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

Thanks alot! Man I wish I had better pics, but I don't. There just isn't enough room between the box and top of trunk to get pics.

There is some metal that hangs down to the bottom of the stock sub. I cut most of that out. I needed the height. You don't have to do that. You might be hard pressed to fit the ports over the subs. Might have to do a single 6 or 8" through the stock sub hole. I cut a circle out of the deck trim panel and put the ports in through the top. I glued my 45s to the box and slid the port into the 45 coupling. 

I got the roof deadening and headliner done last week. I'll put pics up. I messed up a couple spots on the headliner but not too bad. And reading the roof and sunroof parts helped alot. It's louder now and doesn't rattle nearly as much except anything below 30hz lol no stopping that 

05 TL build log SOLD

Yeah I understand that. There is not a great deal of room in the trunk period lol. I'm like the idea of porting through the package tray. I am not sure how to get enough port area there without getting into the subs but I will measure it out and come up with a game plan. I wish the rear seat folded down in the TL's. If I can get enough port area out of a single 6'' round port I would be in business! I need to wrap my head liner as well. Finishing up kick panels this week.

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

• 1 month later...

Archived