05 Acura TL, DD 9518, M2a, ported rear deck

Hey guys, thought I would share my new build here.

05 Acura TL

Pioneer avh-4800bs 

Vifa XT19 tweets

Silver flute 8's

Rockford T400-4 bridged

DD 9518g

DD M2a

7 cubes net, 32hz, 2 6" ports through rear deck. Diy flared

2/0 Lincoln Electric welding cable 

Started out with 1 stereo integrity HT18 infinite baffle on a jbl bp600.1

Loved how clean and smooth it was, could hit any note. Played 10hz test tone effortlessly. Just not enough output for me. Also had to angle the baffle back quite a bit to fit it.

So I caught a good deal on the DD sub and amp from a buddy, and proceeded to make it fit. Had to cut some metal out. And since my back seat doesn't fold, just the arm rest. I decided to port through the rear deck. Had to build the box in 2 parts to fit it in the trunk. Ended up reusing my baffle from my IB setup. 2 layers with a 3rd flushed. 

The DD next to the SI 

ddtnMeJ.jpg

PmNJ1Ku.jpg

f0jTXsr.jpg

o56ehbJ.jpg

The 8s in the doors. Pain in the rear!!

I5AZkRo.jpg

r5NTI6w.jpg

hpy118f.jpg

The box. 7 cubes net. 32hz. 2 6" flared ports. Tried for a 3rd, couldn't get it to clear the magnet... Might try again later.

O7q6Etp.jpg

sheJkK5.jpg

VAdZUkN.jpg

DFDgI45.jpg

0OuNuOZ.jpg

And here is the sub and amps in 

41ReZMA.jpg

J9kFF8W.jpg

7kF5d1A.jpg

Backseat and amp cover in

xUJ0E4x.jpg

5AvHqWC.jpg

I forgot pics of sealing the box off with foam. Sealed the deck off with ram mat.

Overall I am very happy with it so far.

Broken windshield

RYPW1PB.jpg

PqBwpoy.jpg

Edit: fixed all the pictures and added the broken windshield 

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Looks great with the DD peaking through the hole. How do you get to your amps to adjust them?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

44 minutes ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Looks great with the DD peaking through the hole. How do you get to your amps to adjust them?

Hahaha it's a royal pain.... I tuned the Rockford before I put the box in. It can be adjusted still, but requires peeking between the box and the amps. There is about 3-4 inches between the bottom of the box and the top of the amps. Enough to stick a screwdriver in and tweak.

The sub amp isn't bad, plenty of room. Also have a JL line driver/ remote knob for controlling the sub. Still gotta take pics of that, wiring, and the double din install. Need to make a trim ring to trim out the pioneer...

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Cool build man, I dig the "maximum stuff in minimum space".  

How do you like the Flutes?  Ive had 2 installed for the last week and the sound is just starting to warm up a bit.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Thanks guys. Funny thing. When I told me about the sub, I swore he said it was a 15. And I thought woohoo I'll still have some trunk space.... Lol then he says 18 and I'm like dang, I don't think I can fit it. Haha. But it fits, didn't really cut any corners to do it, it slams, and I'm happy now lol. Still have plenty of upgrades and things to change though 

As for the flutes, man they are great. I really like them. They are almost a little too warm for me. Maybe I'm just used to a clinical sound though. I love how guitars sound on these speakers. Same for the vifas. Only thing I'm not happy with is the crossovers. I'm using some CDT crossovers, and they have a tweeter protection circuit that I'm having some trouble with only when I crank it though.

05 TL build log SOLD

I'm looking at my doors to see if I can fit 8s in there now. Lol can you put some pics of the tweets up? Thx. Tuned in.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

this is dope  bro. i seen it said 18 and said hell nah that not gonna fit but wow it fit pretty nice. very well done man.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Nicely done !

An 18" DD in a trunk : that's so cool !

Why do you run your amp bridged, with a passive crossover ? You could run active, and not loose any output, even with less watts.

Good job.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Haha thanks a lot guys. It was definitely some work to get it all in. The rear portion of the box barely fit when the trunk was bare metal, well when I put the trunk side panels back it, it took some force to get it in. I thought it wasn't gonna go. But who hoo it did!

I was really close to running active, but honestly I don't have the tools or knowledge to tune them active. I have the wires and rca's ran, so I can swap it over and try it. Hopefully I can find some one local who would give me a hand tuning it. I don't really trust my local audio shop to do it right.

Sometime in the future I want upgrade the alt, and batts. And bump up to a 3k or so.

I did go grocery shopping yesterday, and was able to fit $150 worth of groceries in the trunk still hahaha 

05 TL build log SOLD

Archived