Second Skin Audio

Wow ! Its been a very long time....

...since I've been here. Hope everybody is all good :) But anyway, to skip straight to the punch... I'm tired of my old system. I want to replace my two 15" Daytons, which are in a 10cu ft, ported box, and getting 935 wts into 1 ohm (as per my RF birthsheet) > to one 12" sub in a T-line enclosure.... mostly for SQ, but if it turns out as loud, or even a bit louder than my two 15"s, that would just be a bonus :) 

Been looking at an NVX VCW124 (didn't know if it was ok to post a link straight to the page on Sonicelectronix ?)

Anyway, I can give it plenty of port area, and "easily" 9 1/2ft of transmission line length, to get it to 30hz. 11 ft to get it down to the actual FS of the speaker (26hz) would be tough, but maybe doable, if you guys think this might help ? I was thinking I could shoot for 30hz, and then maybe play around with a little dampening insulation to both get it down a little deeper, and smooth out the response at the same time ?

Oh also, I have read that you don't need huge wattage for a t-line sub.... So should I even set it up at 1 ohm, and 935 wts ? Or should I go for 2 ohm, and be closer to 500 wts ?

Finally, does anybody know of a 12" sub that you think would just be WAY better for a t-line ? If so, what sub, and why ? I'm pretty much a dummy with this t-line stuff, so I'm totally open to suggestions.

Much thanks in advance :)

Welcome back. I know a t line is effecient but I don't know if it is that much. I'm sure someone with tline experience will chime in. What Dayton 15s do you have? 

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

First off, I should have called this, "Need help with a T-line" ....nobody cares how long its been :) lol

Anyway, wow, I feel stupid.... I cant find the literature on my Dayton subs anywhere.. looks like they have discontinued them... and I just don't remember... 15" HO's maybe ? They are just solid black, with the square aluminum frame arms... I thought they were like 800wt rms...

They really have been great speakers... but they take up even more space than my T-line enclosure for 1 12" will take, not to mention, I really want something which will play rock, oldschool, alternative (and for my GF... choke... country :) LOL) better.

Archived