How can i get CLEAN cuts on big tubes?

I went out to lowes to check out some hacksaws and handsaws to cut my 8inch diameter clear polycarbonate tube. Came home with a LENOX PVC/ABS 18" hand saw. Shit aint workin too good lol. Ive tried the jigsaw with blades made for plastic cuts, cuts FLAT plastic really smooth. But the tube has a slight flex and it starts to bang and bounce around dangerously when i try to jigsaw. My next idea is use my dremel with a plastic cutting blade and go lil by lil. Ive tried the bandsaw at work (im a butcher) almost lost a hand doin that shit, the plastic cut good for four seconds then SLAMMED the tube and my hand, aint tryin band saws again even with a more proper blade lol. Another thought i had was seeing if lowes would cut it for me even thought it aint bought from them. Any other ideas you guys got? Heres a few pics of how that hand saw cut it. 

Use photobucket.

In reality, a metal lathe would have the best clean cut for that tube. Next best idea is prob a table saw. But it's tricky cutting those tubes because of chipping. Take that back, a mitersaw would be the next best thing.

1 hour ago, boomintahoe said:

Use photobucket.

In reality, a metal lathe would have the best clean cut for that tube. Next best idea is prob a table saw. But it's tricky cutting those tubes because of chipping. Take that back, a mitersaw would be the next best thing.

I have the imgurl app, but i paid for a Gold membership so i could post pics directly. It worked earlier when i was posting on the secondskin sale.

thanks ill check out what those are. 

Metal lathe, no ways imma be able to get one of those lol. Costs thousands. The mitersaw, i was checking those out at lowes earlier but those look like it might do the same thing the bandsaw did and yank and slam the tube and almost cut my hands, speacially because its hard to secure the tube and the tube isnt very "stiff and rigid". I can easily make the tube flex, but its still very strong and durable not britle at all. The flex it has i think that causes the blade to BITE in really hard, kind of like feeding material into a router table from the wrong direction (ive done that also lol). 

2 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

Metal lathe, no ways imma be able to get one of those lol. Costs thousands. The mitersaw, i was checking those out at lowes earlier but those look like it might do the same thing the bandsaw did and yank and slam the tube and almost cut my hands, speacially because its hard to secure the tube and the tube isnt very "stiff and rigid". I can easily make the tube flex, but its still very strong and durable not britle at all. The flex it has i think that causes the blade to BITE in really hard, kind of like feeding material into a router table from the wrong direction (ive done that also lol). 

Came here to say part it with a lathe. Next best bet - horizontal bandsaw - after that, PROPERLY done with a chopsaw with the correct blade. Then a tablesaw, with once again the correct blade and technique. After that maybe a jewelers saw and a proper jig?

I think your best bet would be looking for a local place with a horizontal bandsaw. Shouldn't be that hard to find. 

Use a hack saw with a 24 tpi blade. Don't cut all the way through in one spot. Just do a little, turn a little,do a little, turn a little. All the way around on your mark. You are trying to cut it too fast. The friction from cutting causes it to melt and then grab. If you lived any closer to me, you could bring it over and I would cut it for you.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Came here to say hack saw and Shade beat me to it

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

1 hour ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Use a hack saw with a 24 tpi blade. Don't cut all the way through in one spot. Just do a little, turn a little,do a little, turn a little. All the way around on your mark. You are trying to cut it too fast. The friction from cutting causes it to melt and then grab. If you lived any closer to me, you could bring it over and I would cut it for you.

This. Same way we cut large diameter pipe. Just work your way around the pipe slowly. If it heats up and gets sticky move further down the cut line. Also cool your blade back off.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Archived