Running dedicated alt wire?

8 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

You are also running 2 different volt meters. Might just be a difference in the measurement. 

That's a good point, I assume they read the same when he is not at full tilt.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

3 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

That's a good point, I assume they read the same when he is not at full tilt.

Even if that is true, we have seen videos that show other volt meters respond slower (or just differently) so it could just be a matter of seeing different readings still. I would check that first before trying to do anything with the power wires first, he may not have a problem to fix.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Did not get a chance to check current draw yet. Battery in my clamp meter was dead. Will do that soon. And I don't think it's just a matter of the front meter reading slower. I can burp it for a solid 10 seconds and hold 13's in the back the whole time and 14.8 the whole time in the front. I will check with a dmm soon. 

And the meters are almost identical with no load. Front will say 14.8, smd will say 14.6 (skips from 14.6 to 14.9) and when I drive for a while without turning my music up, that 14.6 will creep up to 14.9. 

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

If it is easy enough, switch the volt meters around. Even DMMs have a delay in the reading so you might not be seeing the right data. At least this way you can rule out a volt meter issue or get lucky and that is all this is.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

If you had two dmms with a peak hold feature that would be ideal. Then you could just hit a button to see what the high and the low were. If you only had one, you could put the + on the front battery + and the - on the rear battery + and measure the voltage drop directly.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I took so long to reply. Weather has been real shitty here lately. 

Well I have found the main issue! Checked all fuses in the back and one of the fuses were loose in back. Checked to see if it fixed it and it was still charging lower in the back. Checked all connections with a dmm and found that the fuses under my hood were loose. I have sky high bolt style fuse holders and the plastic base where the bolt set in got stripped and you could wiggle my wires super easily. So it's time for a fuse holder upgrade soon!

got everything tightened up and it's so much better! Front and back voltages are much closer when playing, but still getting about .4-.6 difference from front to back while playing. Will be adding rear frame grounds to see if that helps. Thank you all for your help!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

5 hours ago, Mr DeeBeez said:

Sorry I took so long to reply. Weather has been real shitty here lately. 

Well I have found the main issue! Checked all fuses in the back and one of the fuses were loose in back. Checked to see if it fixed it and it was still charging lower in the back. Checked all connections with a dmm and found that the fuses under my hood were loose. I have sky high bolt style fuse holders and the plastic base where the bolt set in got stripped and you could wiggle my wires super easily. So it's time for a fuse holder upgrade soon!

got everything tightened up and it's so much better! Front and back voltages are much closer when playing, but still getting about .4-.6 difference from front to back while playing. Will be adding rear frame grounds to see if that helps. Thank you all for your help!

Glad you figured it out! Definitely let everyone know if replacing those helped (once you do replace them). And if you aren't happy, I guess you can do what others said, and do more runs

Archived