Second Skin Audio

sea evil help

i have 2 ssa evil 12s on 2 Fosgatet2500s.low end is great used to have a lot of punch.i was driving to work the other day and the sound changed.i have checked for torn spiders coil rub no hotspots coils all ohm out at 2.2 ohm.now that said the subs playing in box on higher htz or out of box makes a crackle noise but not on low end.i have checked everything in my system even put the subs in daughters car and they still do it.qeustion is what could be wrong.its almost as if there is something loose vibrating around and its on both subs

1 hour ago, GAMEFACE1778 said:

yup everything tight and secure sound comes from back of subs.its very weird in box you can barely hear upfront but at the port its bad and out of box its bad 

If its strong enough to make noise through the port and free-air then it sounds like it could have loose softparts/mechanical damage.  I'd double check every inch if the spider and make sure everything ia solid (you'll need to use your fingers, visually doesn't always work)  try and see if it makes any noise while pushing down in it (push evenly, dont rock the coil)

i think i found it.the ssa evil's have 5 sandwiched spiders with i guess are supposed to be laminated.the top spider on each sub is loose for the pack.not around the edge go sub but toward center.you can push on the bottom of spider and top and feel them reseat.i was playing the subs low volume free air and my friend john noticed it you can press the spiders back together and the noise stops anyone ever have this issue

Archived