VW Jetta / CT Sounds / Fi Team / Crescendo / New updates, Sub is playing / Couple Videos

Alright so I'm really confused.

The sub is a D2 but its reading out to 3.6 per coil 

When I wire down to one in parallel it reads to 2.6 as its final load. 

That doesn't seem right.... does it? 

All my other D2 subs would at least read 1.4-5 or lower as their final load. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what happened was my meter was reading 2ohm higher than what the actual read is. 

So I was playing it at 1ohm...

Now the problem is that it's not any louder than the hdc3... and the mayhem was way louder. 

Same box, amp, setup. Only thing that has changed was the sub. 

I am so confused right now. I thought this was going to be an upgrade but compared to the mayhem its a downgrade..... 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

MOAR POWA!!!!!!!!!!

no for real tho, um........Press your positive and negative leads of your DMM together and see what that reading is. Subtract that from the reading you get on the sub and that will tell you your DCR. The reason for this is because there is likely resistance between your leads.  if that's what you did then IDK.  Same box for all of them, do they all have exact same specs?  Maybe time for new box, custom to Team sub...??  The Mayhem is a 2500 watt 3" coil so it will use less power more efficiently and thus have potential to be louder on less power.  Seat of the pants loud I'm assuming and not meter loud?  If you were closer we could throw a 5k onto it and see, that 4" coil needs more power?!  I am just spit balling here

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

A sub takes time to break in.  My best guess is that the suspension needs more time to loosen up.  My subs took easily over 10 hours of play time to reach their full potential and they are NOT nearly as serious as your Team sub.

I agree with Karkov about the increased resistance reading.  Something is wrong with your DMM, or, the leads to your DMM.  One more thing, impedance rise curve will be different than your previous subs.  Further, your sub's impedance curve will change as the suspension loosens up.

Tuned in, hoping you figure it out!  That sub is smexy AF.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

So I turned the box around and now its firing into the cabin. 

More output but I have port noise now and there are some strange noising coming from inside the box, only on higher notes (40hz+). 

I expected the port noise but I don't think thats the only issue. 

Something is seriously up with this setup. It's just not loud. It needs a new box for sure but other than that I can't think of anything else that I can right now. 

If I had money I'd buy a 5k+ amp since I know it could handle it but it should still have more output with what I have right now. 

I'll see if I can get some box design in the works and get wood this week for a new box. 

I will get this thing to sound how I want it, don't worry about that. Put too much time and money into this thing to stop now. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

THE ALT IS IN AND WORKING *kinda* 

The idle pully has is supposed to have two bolts on it. As of right now I can't fit more than one because of the alternator bracket. 

The belt probably could have been a half inch shorter but its pretty tight as of right now. 

Other than missing one bolt it works. Initial cold start was reading 14.7 and after it was hot it settled to 14.4. Voltage stayed in the 14's at full tilt. 

Very happy with that voltage. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

New sub = new box

This is what DLhgn and Triticum came up with 

DD3axmm.png

It's about 50% of the way there as of right now. I have everything cut but I only have so many clamps. 

I want to have it done before the sundown show. *correction* I will have it done before the sundown show. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Archived