VW Jetta / CT Sounds / Fi Team / Crescendo / New updates, Sub is playing / Couple Videos

32 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

Almost there. That's a sweet sub. I bet it's gonna pound.

We will see tomorrow. I'll load the sub in and wire everything later tonight and then test at the show tomorrow. 

Just waiting on glue to dry right now. 

Leaving tomorrow at about 4 or 5 am to make it to the sundown show around 10-11. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Why isn't it straight?

JK

old box looked nice, tuned in for this one, looking good so far.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

ALRIGHT GUYS HOLY TITS I CAN'T THIS HAPPENED. 

I drove from VA to NC to the Sundown show. Had pretty good time. Lots of loud people there.

Got demo's from a lot of people. Sat in the Sundown Xterra. Lasted about 2.5 seconds @ 170DB. 

Bit of time passes, it's very hot. I went to my car to cool off. Turn on the AC. About 30 seconds after it's on. I hear a loud clunk on the ground and my voltage goes from 14.5 to 13.0 in .2 seconds. 

My alternator pully snapped off from the bolt. Just ripped off. 

SdYNtrw.jpg

LpSx9P6.jpg

LpSx9P6.jpg

As you can see, the metal that holds the spacer and the bolt to the alt is paper thin.

Mind you, I'm about 6 hours away from my home. Stuck at a car show parking lot and I know basically nobody. 

Ended up meeting Rob from The Demo Bus. He said he could help me out. He was about 60 miles away from the show. Super nice guy.

If anyone would have been able to fix this, it was him. I've already said thanks about 10 times but if you ever see this man thank you very much. 

He put on a spare pully he had from singer along with a new belt. 

diyFR3a.jpg

From the picture, you can just see how much thicker the housing is. That is what's on there now. 

Rob fixed it, got everything working. I drove back from NC to VA earlier this afternoon. The car ran great, no issues. I even bumped a good amount. The sub SLAMS. 

Talked to the people who I bought the alt from, said it was a tooling/manufacturing issue. I don't care what the issue was, this could have been so much worse. 

The thing is that if this happened anywhere else I could have gotten into a serious crash. If I was on i95 going the speed limit which is 70 and this happened. 1. Power steering gone 2.Water pump gone 3. Alt gone.  Without my power steering the steering wheel locks up and its impossible to move. Try going 70+ without a moving steering wheel. 

Everything seems to be good now, car made it the 6 or so hours back without any issues. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

I'll have more sub/box updates tomorrow. 

Honestly, if the alternator wasn't able to be fixed I was going to buy a stock one, put it in and sell everything I have car audio related. 

Still debating it honestly. This little "hickup" cost me about $700. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Shit Dude, that blows big time. What ever choice you decide on will be the right choice. Good people are far and few between, glad you made it home in one piece. A couple years back, the wife pulls up infrount and parks the van. Immediately I hear a loud thud, look under the vehicle...its the steering box laying on the asphalt! 

Might I recommend a $16 Kreg jig for the next box you make?  It will make your life wayyy easier.  

I like to think that unexpected occurrences make a person tougher, smarter, and more awesome.  You sir, have gone through a enough unexpected occurrences in this build log to be pretty fucking awesome, so no use stopping now!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

14 hours ago, 8ten8 said:

Shit Dude, that blows big time. What ever choice you decide on will be the right choice. Good people are far and few between, glad you made it home in one piece. A couple years back, the wife pulls up infrount and parks the van. Immediately I hear a loud thud, look under the vehicle...its the steering box laying on the asphalt! 

I've been wanting it get a kreg jig for a while now but I saw them on display at Home Depot or Lowest for 90 something dollars. I couldn't believe they were charging for that much so I completely tossed it off my list. 

Either they went down in price or I was looking at something different because $16 seems like a solid investment for that little tool. 

Yeah earlier today I had class and I jammed out the whole way. The setup is LOUD. When it cools off later tonight I'm going to take some videos of flex and see if I can float some stuff. 

My parents want me to sell everything and make the car last as long as possible. I've gone too far with this thing to quit now. But I will say I don't think I'll be going bigger. At least with subs.. *DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN*

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Feed that sub!  Let it eat. 

Also, I found this cheaper at Home Depot, but here's a link.  Its the pocket jig and I love it.

https://www.amazon.com/Kreg-MKJKIT-Mini-Jig-Kit/dp/B00065WPP2/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_469_lp_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EV3GM81629MPZVFKMC0P

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived