Second Skin Audio

Custom ported sub box help

I've only built sealed boxes before this, and have no idea how to plan to build a slot ported box for my sub. Would it be better for me to purchase a full box from somewhere online custom built to my dimensions? I feel confident in my ability to build a box but have no idea how to design and plan it. Is there a certain website or place I can go to and purchase some plans? Or can someone guide me through building a slot ported box?

Give the info right here, joex is the box guru here and a couple others. Someone will help you here just post the info. What subs, how many. What amps or how much power will you be giving the subs. A little info on ur electrical setup, alternator, batteries. What vehicle and whats ur available space. Length width height.

The sub is one Sundown Audio E12 V3 4 Ohm. I will be powering it with an Audiopipe APMI-1500 watt amp and I'll be giving it 540 watts wired at 4 ohms. I took one of the rear back seats out so I'll have a width of 18" and a depth of 14.5. The height doesn't really matter as long as I'm gettin the required airspace and all. It's in a '97 F-150 and the electrical is stock but I'm looking to upgrade it soon if really necessary. I already have a 10" Rockford punch shallow mount sub under the rear seat pushed by a Rockford Prime amp with an old school Punch 75.2 pushing my JBL door speakers. I have a Pioneer head unit as well. 

you do not want to mix subs. You can end up with cancellation issues since you have 2 different drivers with different response curves trying to play the same frequencies.

Archived