6 15s 4th Order - DC Audio, Skyhigh 03 Explorer(Updated pg 3)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking nice. walling my 00mountaneer  cpillar.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

MOAR!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

What a week! Started my new job which gives me more time at home. Started painting the box. Got the port area done

20170519_203216_zpsknrnwksw.jpg

Ran the power wires to the rear. Installed the batteries and started the rear amp rack/battery tray(sorry didnt get any pictures)

I went out the explorer the next day to work on some things and noticed the radio wouldnt turn on but the red light was blinking which indicated it was getting power. Then tried to roll down the windows and they didnt work! At this point I am pissed so I started diagnosing the problem. All fuses checked out good. Checked the wires in the door boot. Everything there looked good. So at this point I am up in arms on WTF is going on. Did some research and saw some people complaining about an accessory fuse relay. Which took forever for me to find. Here is why

It literally is on top of this fuse box

FB_IMG_1495397699675_zpseto8wgvb.jpg 

Behind all of this

20170521_153835_zpssidiv53s.jpg

You can see the relays through a hole in the steering column area
20170521_160505_zpsyu6tgwtc.jpg

Yep that is it next to the blue one(flasher relay)
20170521_160518_zps7pb4uslb.jpg

After a few cuss words, contemplating my hobby and removing a bunch of screws. I also had to disconnect the whole fuse panel wiring just to get it to be able to swing down far enough to get my fingers on it to remove it. Once I did that I swapped it with relay # 3 which is the rear defrost relay(who needs that anyways) once I did that and reconnected the fuse panel everything fired up and now radio/windows work. If anybody ever runs into this problem with their ford or mercury let me know I wrote down everything with alot of pictures.

Now the sad news as if my day couldnt get any-worse. Driving to Menards and a 87 year old man decides he wants to run a red light and totally smokes my daily driver. It is totaled. 

20170518_112226_zpsxtrtniqj.jpg

Dude was driving an armor tank of a 78 Buick Regal. I am hurting pretty bad but I'll survive. Time for an insurance $$$$ pay out

Daaaaaaamn! Atleast you aren't mangled up!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Looking good with the carpet on there.  REALLY sucks about the accident, even with insurance money accidents are just never good.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 1 month later...

So...Small update I guess lol. Went to a local show  with the 4 18s. As soon as I pull out of my driveway I started hearing the belt slip. Drove it to the show opened the hood and saw there was a pulley that was wobbling. Affected voltage greatly but still did a 156 @ 33hz.

As most bassheads I still wasn't satisfied

20170704_131355.jpg

So I ripped it all out lol

Archived