Second Skin Audio

Check my build before I start?

dudeogo

I have decided on 2 FU Audio 750v2 18s on a CAB 1600.1 @1 ohm. They will be in a 12 net cubic feet box I designed tuned to 34 hz. Any suggestions on changes in equipment or box before I commit and order parts?

Stage 3 2008 Mazdaspeed 3

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

Amps: Something Brazilian

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To do it the right way from the start, honestly I would choose a different amp. While a few people have had success with it, it seems to have a bad track record for reliability.

bdr electronics is a well known amp repair house that does warranty work for Sundown. They have great deals on refurbished Sundown amps that carry a full warranty.

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_45_97&products_id=171

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

For that price, I'll buy that amp!

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

If you post your box design we can look it over and make sure it will work well for you. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

3 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

If you post your box design we can look it over and make sure it will work well for you. 

They're all on paper sketches, I'm not very good with Google SketchUp. It is 12 cubes net with a 26 inch long slot port with a port area of 192 square inches. So 16 square inches per cube.

Sounds good.  Those subs are going to roll off on the low end a bit higher that other subs would, I'd be tempted to tune a little lower, like 28 - 30 Hz.  You would lose a little output in the 40-50 Hz range, but you would gain some between 30-40 and would have smoother frequency response.  Just a suggestion.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

1 hour ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Sounds good.  Those subs are going to roll off on the low end a bit higher that other subs would, I'd be tempted to tune a little lower, like 28 - 30 Hz.  You would lose a little output in the 40-50 Hz range, but you would gain some between 30-40 and would have smoother frequency response.  Just a suggestion.  

I'll shoot for 30 then. Thanks! I learned how to use SketchUp so if you would like to see design pics shoot me an email at [email protected]

17 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

This one is 30 hz

Those CAb amps will certainly do the job... Yes, I've had some issues " possibly caused by me"... but warrantied with no issues and I'm running them at 2 ohm each into EVL 12's in a small box tuned to 28 hz or so... it doesn't make water ripple in China like some systems do, but I'm happy for now... I'm sure I'll tear it all apart again eventually... LOL ! I'd recommend sizegdM.jpgthis amp to anyone who is tryin' to save a buck!... this was when I ran 3 12's @ 2.66 strapped... still have same amp rack...

h0lldsD.jpg

This is the current setup... tuned to 28 or so... each amp loaded at 2 ohm...sounds good to me!

Archived