Sonic Electronix

You won't notice a diff to your ear imho. Especially on sub freqs. To get power wiring at 4 ohm.... nominal. You won't even know the difference, and no one else will either. I think wiring at 1 ohm is a waste,.. let alone 4ohn. Just me. 

Ok cool, so the sound differences are only measurable with metering tools and stuff. If u played a song on both amps one at a time, u wouldnt be able to tell which was the 1ohm and which was the 4ohm just by ear. 

Those sound differences that could be measured with the right tools what would the differences  generally be? Would it be clearly seen if a sinewave was played with an RTA? 

I couldnt tell. No. But im old, half deaf in one ear, and more than half in the other. 

Someone with ears, years of experience, i guess. RTA, wouldnt even know. It just sees bands, and how loud. RTA wouldnt even know. 

If your worried about it, i would MORE than care about it on my mids and highs. Your playing like 30-40 freqs on the low end. You couldnt hear distortion, or a load diff if you tried on those bands imho,.... Some im sure will tell you they could. Now, where i saw, and heard a difference, was when i was wired at .25 nominal, daily. I did NOT like how the subs behaved,played, moved, even sounded. I think a lot was my large box, with a fuck ton of power also, but wired that low, i did NOT care for. I also had abnormally LOW rise with my enclosure. Everyone was jelly of it.. But, 1ohm nominal..... shit.. your gonna rise to fucking 4  ohm on most freqs anyway.

Wire to 4ohm, youll rise to 7 plus...(examples).. good bye to any power any board on the face of the earth can make, and your next post will be "it seems like my amp dont make any power? I have this neato presicion power amp, wired at 4ohm, and my low end isnt at all loud? And my voltage is a rock solid 14 volt too?? what am i doing wrong?" 

Ill all but guarentee it. 

Cool man. Im not worried about this topic,  i just had a "hmmm?" moment and figured id post it here and see what kind of answers there are. I think my next question is gonna be what is rise lol. Ive heard "box rise" i assume thats what u mean. Imma go google what is box rise.

Archived