Sundown Audio

Digital Designs M2c

olumpa

I have these 2 M2c amps, I am unable to use the link mode the Main amp puts out double the power of the Link amp. Here is the pic of the amps. Does anyone have any ideas why this is the case? Also I gain matched the amps but the crossovers I was unable to get them matched by voltage.  

IMG_1269 (1).JPG

I would put a call or email in to DD and find out if they changed anything besides the logos....what are the numbers you're getting? and which are you using as your main?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Yea im going to call DD in the morning. We set the gains by playing 60hz (did it at night, low volume) have not done a full tilt test yet. I was trying to use the newer one as the main I think I will try the older one as the main . When I had the single amp I clamp tested it at 2606rms at 1 ohms.

I hope for more at .5 ohms 

Those amps have to be different even if it's minor there's something different not letting them link.  Find a match for one of them it's never hard selling a DD amp.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I figured that linking them would be very simple or even crossover /gain matching everything would be easy. Maybe when I talk with DD they have more info on what is different about them.

I have them gain matched and I have the crossovers turned all the way up, subsonic all the way down and a signal processor set to 60hz low pass subsonic at 20hz. Is there any reason this setup would not be good?

I wouldn't link them anyway. Gain match all day long.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

That's what I ended up doing, DD did not have a reason why Link isn't working so... I am going to get a DSP and set the crossovers on that. So far I am very happy with the amps. Just need more power behind the amps.

Archived