Sundown Audio

A question thats been on my mind...

akuma4u

I have a question that ive been thinking of for a while and need an answer.

Lets say you have a line out converter or a head unit that does 7, 8 or 9v and you have an amp that has a gain that starts at 6v to 0.2v

does this mean even if the gain is left full counter clockwise that you would still be clipping the subs?

Naw. Must be like, 2001, asking about a line booster that almost no one I know uses these days. The head unit you asked about DOES have a knob ... eh? Turn it left. Match voltage you need. Your not planning a trip to mars are you?

2 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Naw. Must be like, 2001, asking about a line booster that almost no one I know uses these days. The head unit you asked about DOES have a knob ... eh? Turn it left. Match voltage you need. Your not planning a trip to mars are you?

No , my head unit has no volume knob. Me asking about a line out converter was just an example because i know some of those things produce high voltage and as for aftermarket head units, some of those can produce high voltage as well. So thats why I was wondering what would you do in those cases when you have an amp that cant handle their high voltage from the head unit or line out converter...

33 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

You have a source with no control? Explain?

you said i have a volume knob.. i said this isnt 1993.

I have a 7 inch capacitive touch screen deck with touch buttons and physical buttons.. no knobs.

99i1jk.jpg

see?

Archived