11 hours ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

Isn't the prize of building a badass system actually having that badass system?  Why don't we just do a SOTM and have prizes be something simple and inexpensive or free?  Not that my setup is deserving of such, but if I had that SOTM badge underneath my avatar, that would be pimp as shit!

Yup, just the trophy like getting the accolades would be pretty dope. Even a small SMD coupon or something lol. Or a custom cut lil placard with our username on it from the SMD headquarters CNC machine. Competition is always cool and interesting.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

User participation is key. Went from like a minimum of 50 (I think) down to almost nothing. 

I wish it would come back. Sad part for me is I have nothing complete to enter ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

3 hours ago, White Lightning said:

Sad part for me is I have nothing complete to enter ...

GET TO WORK! Haha

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

I believe it had gotten away from what it originally was done for.  to me it felt like it was for only balls to the walls 10 to 20k builds and up or open to anyone.  which included budget build to builds from bill gates pocket book in the same sotm.  yes there were budget builds sotm ,but only a few that I remember.   

and some of the ones that I entered I feel that my builds were a lot better but the mix material builds of plywood and mdf , prefab box builds and pos boss amps not only won but dominated builds I did and hell there were some that I know were better than mine and also lost.  

I really believe that those sotm winners really did cheat or kissed some serious ass to win.  

JUST SAYING.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

25 minutes ago, 77-AUDIO said:

I believe it had gotten away from what it originally was done for.  to me it felt like it was for only balls to the walls 10 to 20k builds and up or open to anyone.  which included budget build to builds from bill gates pocket book in the same sotm.  yes there were budget builds sotm ,but only a few that I remember.   

and some of the ones that I entered I feel that my builds were a lot better but the mix material builds of plywood and mdf , prefab box builds and pos boss amps not only won but dominated builds I did and hell there were some that I know were better than mine and also lost.  

I really believe that those sotm winners really did cheat or kissed some serious ass to win.  

JUST SAYING.  

My build is a budget build *cough*never got any votes*cough* lol. It's all about politics anyway. One time I thought about not being selfish and voting for somebody else, turns out the guy cheated.

For those 'speculating', and since I was the last person to win SOTM:

I didnt cheat, I dont know the admins, and I won based on votes from a bunch of forum members like yourselves.  I also didnt run around PMing people and asking for votes or going to FB to fish for votes.  That shit is petty and lame and below me.  

One problem I did experience, however, was when someone tells their team (TDH in particular) to go log in or create an account on SMD to vote for them.  But then again, SOTM is designed to bring more interest and traffic to the forum.  I dont know for sure SMD's stance on that phenomena. 

In 2017, the SOTMs were much different than the traditional SOTMs.  The reason it went mute for a while was because of belly-aching and bickering.  Funny how the thread was started to ask why SOTM died and it digressed to complaints about people NOT getting free shit.  For the record, @snafu and @MECHMAN were EXTREMELY generous and helpful with the prizes, and I sincerely thank them for that.  And since my build is 4/0 throughout, I donated my 1/0 Big 3 Winnings to the runner up.  Im not sure if he claimed his prize or not...

77-Audio in particular: I dont cheat or kiss ass, so you can go FTFO. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

10 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

For those 'speculating', and since I was the last person to win SOTM:

I didnt cheat, I dont know the admins, and I won based on votes from a bunch of forum members like yourselves.  I also didnt run around PMing people and asking for votes or going to FB to fish for votes.  That shit is petty and lame and below me.  

@snafu
@MECHMAN

I wasn't here for the last SOTM, but your ride is killer and unique.  You certainly didn't cheat anything with your system.  I havent even seen the competitors you faced but what youve done with your Chevy could compete as a build with anybody.  Not kissing arse, just giving props where props are due.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

2 hours ago, 77-AUDIO said:

JUST SAYING.  

10 to 20k ??? I wish !!! I won with at most a 4K build. A Sound Quality build at that. 

... and I kiss nobody’s ass. Well, with the exception of my wife for 20+ years to put up with my Audio Adiction ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

On 6/17/2018 at 3:15 PM, Crazy 8s Drums said:

Isn't the prize of building a badass system actually having that badass system?  Why don't we just do a SOTM and have prizes be something simple and inexpensive or free?  Not that my setup is deserving of such, but if I had that SOTM badge underneath my avatar, that would be pimp as shit!

I was honestly most stoked about the SOTM winner banner under my name. I worked my ass off to try and earn that banner, and I have a lot of pride knowing I earned it. But it was really sad seeing such little participation for SOTM for the last year or so. Even if i didnt think id have a chance in hell of winning I entered ever single SOTM I could. My favorite part was looking through all of the build logs and learning different ways that people did different things in their builds. Thats where I have gotten a lot of my knowledge from. Wish there would have been larger participation in the contests. Maybe they would still be around if there was

oh and P.S. @WalledSonic, Im still super bummed I didnt get a demo from you at slam! :( Need to get one from you next year for sure man!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived