As a former winner (with probably the most pathetic system), I never saw any wrongdoing in the ways/rules.  I am beyond thrilled to have the badge too, almost moreso than the subs, but lets be honest, these little guys are badass.  Maybe I missed something in previous SOTMs, I've voted in a LOT of them, but whenever a situation arose it seemed to be handled swiftly and properly.  I was runner up in my first entry by 1 vote, sure i was disappointed, but not for long.  Gotta realize it's for free shit, not because it's owed to you.  

Now, trying to get the old lady to leave me alone with her car for an entire weekend so I can glass one of these bad boys in...  THAT'S a challenge!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, 77-AUDIO said:

I believe it had gotten away from what it originally was done for.  to me it felt like it was for only balls to the walls 10 to 20k builds and up or open to anyone.  which included budget build to builds from bill gates pocket book in the same sotm.  yes there were budget builds sotm ,but only a few that I remember.   

and some of the ones that I entered I feel that my builds were a lot better but the mix material builds of plywood and mdf , prefab box builds and pos boss amps not only won but dominated builds I did and hell there were some that I know were better than mine and also lost.  

I really believe that those sotm winners really did cheat or kissed some serious ass to win.  

JUST SAYING.  

You belong in the loony bin...

#JUST SAYING.

23 hours ago, 77-AUDIO said:

I believe it had gotten away from what it originally was done for.  to me it felt like it was for only balls to the walls 10 to 20k builds and up or open to anyone.  which included budget build to builds from bill gates pocket book in the same sotm.  yes there were budget builds sotm ,but only a few that I remember.   

and some of the ones that I entered I feel that my builds were a lot better but the mix material builds of plywood and mdf , prefab box builds and pos boss amps not only won but dominated builds I did and hell there were some that I know were better than mine and also lost.  

I really believe that those sotm winners really did cheat or kissed some serious ass to win.  

JUST SAYING.  

2 people that I clearly remember trying to cheat and manipulate voting is that Razon35 or however its spelled, and some guy in a gray car with a $30 walmart Pioneer sub and a blue painted box that had 4 times more votes than the rest combined. Both of them got banned for cheating along with countless others... 

See the thing is, you dont know what I know or what I can see. Even before I took over doing the SOTM since Chode was no longer interested I was steady checking things making sure votes were legit to the best of my ability.

We NEVER allowed bare boxes to enter until the end to get more participation, which didnt improve entries much.

We even tried a bunch of themes for SOTM with only allowing so many watts, or only allowed so many speakers, or only a certain size, we did no system needed to enter etc to try and give everyone a fair shake..

But I get it your butthurt because you where not allowed to enter prior due to having a bare box, then we eliminated the barebox rule to gain hopefully gain more participation, you entered said sotm and lost to a bare box....
Hell your build log only had 4 generic pics anyways, not the 5 like the rules state (unless you count the 2 pictures that are the same that you posted twice).... However I still made the exception and allowed you to enter even though you only had 4 pictures and couldnt follow the rules...

This is one of the most generic build logs I ever seen coming from a member with over 2000 posts..
I wouldnt vote for it, and wouldn't expect others to either.

SOTM would still be going on to this day but I didnt feel the need to continue it because it seemed pointless to do with people acting like babies in need of a diaper change all the time. 

Besides that it was the same 10-15 people entering each month until they finally won by default basically due to having the next nicest/voted for build from the previous month.

But yea, its rigged and we allowed people to cheat. Im sure you know everything that I know that went on behind the scene.................... SMH

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Crazy 8s Drums said:

Damn...I thought the sugar skulls in my trunk would guarantee a win...and the blinky lights and fans and shit...  Everybody likes blinky lights right?

:D

Maybe you just need to bribe the staff (ie; me) so you can win....

FFS... Over a half year later and people still crying because they didnt win.. It must be rigged that has to be why I didnt win....
Im sure the banging system in my car is from rigging SOTM.. Oh wait never mind I dont have a system in my car, just factory Bose that is quieter than my smartphone speaker.

15 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

Maybe you just need to bribe the staff (ie; me) so you can win....

Pfffttt . . . . will all the likes and thanks i've dished out around here, it never worked for me!

:peepwall:

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

1 hour ago, audiofanaticz said:

2 people that I clearly remember trying to cheat and manipulate voting is that Razon35 or however its spelled, and some guy in a gray car with a $30 walmart Pioneer sub and a blue painted box that had 4 times more votes than the rest combined. Both of them got banned for cheating along with countless others... 

See the thing is, you dont know what I know or what I can see. Even before I took over doing the SOTM since Chode was no longer interested I was steady checking things making sure votes were legit to the best of my ability.

We NEVER allowed bare boxes to enter until the end to get more participation, which didnt improve entries much.

We even tried a bunch of themes for SOTM with only allowing so many watts, or only allowed so many speakers, or only a certain size, we did no system needed to enter etc to try and give everyone a fair shake..

But I get it your butthurt because you where not allowed to enter prior due to having a bare box, then we eliminated the barebox rule to gain hopefully gain more participation, you entered said sotm and lost to a bare box....
Hell your build log only had 4 generic pics anyways, not the 5 like the rules state (unless you count the 2 pictures that are the same that you posted twice).... However I still made the exception and allowed you to enter even though you only had 4 pictures and couldnt follow the rules...

This is one of the most generic build logs I ever seen coming from a member with over 2000 posts..
I wouldnt vote for it, and wouldn't expect others to either.

SOTM would still be going on to this day but I didnt feel the need to continue it because it seemed pointless to do with people acting like babies in need of a diaper change all the time. 

Besides that it was the same 10-15 people entering each month until they finally won by default basically due to having the next nicest/voted for build from the previous month.

But yea, its rigged and we allowed people to cheat. Im sure you know everything that I know that went on behind the scene.................... SMH

I'm not sure if you were talking about me but I have way more than 4 pics in my build log, and that bare box picture was old. The box is painted now. Wasn't being butthurt just stating my opinion.

Could SOTM make a come back purely out of showing off the systems we all are proud of making? 

Forget the prizes and bull shit that attracts the runt of the litter and make it a way to see how everyone builds differently. But I guess that's what the build log section is for

11 hours ago, alex912005 said:

I'm not sure if you were talking about me but I have way more than 4 pics in my build log, and that bare box picture was old. The box is painted now. Wasn't being butthurt just stating my opinion.

nope, miss quoted somehow. sorry

Archived