Sonic Electronix

54 minutes ago, Daddy_ said:

If I were to choose between a single 12 sundown x and zv5 and put them to rated rms what's the difference between those two?

One is much louder, the other sounds better but doesn't eat your electrical alive lol.

If you are new to these types of subwoofers, then they should all sound loud enough for you. Set a goal, then find the right products

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing the zv5 will eat the electrical and the audience x is the one your talking about will sound good

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

What's the difference between the two then?

1 hour ago, Daddy_ said:

What's the difference between the two then?

Zv5 has a little over double the xmax of the X, rated for 2kw vs the X at 1.5kw, etc.. They're two completely different subs. If you want a direct comparison of T/S parameters then email sundown as broke suggests, as sundown doesn't list them. The info I provided is listed on their site. 

The point i was making is your sub doesnt amplify the input power to make more power, therefore it has nothing to do with your electrical as far as "eating it up". Your amp does that. If you want to feed the X 2000w on stock electrical, I'm sure it will take it and do well on it. If you want to feed the zv5 the same amount, it will take it and do well with it and not put any more stress on your electrical than the X will. The subs don't care how much power they're being fed. They'll move either way until they can't anymore.

10 hours ago, reedal said:

Zv5 has a little over double the xmax of the X, rated for 2kw vs the X at 1.5kw, etc.. They're two completely different subs. If you want a direct comparison of T/S parameters then email sundown as broke suggests, as sundown doesn't list them. The info I provided is listed on their site. 

The point i was making is your sub doesnt amplify the input power to make more power, therefore it has nothing to do with your electrical as far as "eating it up". Your amp does that. If you want to feed the X 2000w on stock electrical, I'm sure it will take it and do well on it. If you want to feed the zv5 the same amount, it will take it and do well with it and not put any more stress on your electrical than the X will. The subs don't care how much power they're being fed. They'll move either way until they can't anymore.

How are they different on rap music or are they similar? Im looking for a loud single setup that can be musical. Like kill they lows and also play up to 60hertz

2 hours ago, Daddy_ said:

How are they different on rap music or are they similar? Im looking for a loud single setup that can be musical. Like kill they lows and also play up to 60hertz

i can't provide you with an answer to that. I personally would go with the X if you're only planning to use a 2000w amp. The zv5 would likely need more power to get the most out of its potential.

Like how much more power? Should I just go with a 13w7 on 1200rms then?

whichever sub fills your budget, space, and power requirements is the one you should go with. I won't aid you with a brand to brand comparison. When you hit 2kw and higher, you'll start to need electrical system upgrades, so pick the amp you want based off of the electrical you have to supply it with. Then pick the sub that meets those amps output specs and you can build an enclosure that properly suits the sub and your available space

Archived