Sonic Electronix

Its still a toss up in my mind deciding between the JL Audio 13W7 and Sundown X12 and maybe even a 12 ZV5. The JL would be on 1200RMS and the sundown would be on 1500-2000rms. I know a lot of you have experience here so what would be the pros and cons of going one over the other? My goal is trying to have a single loud sub setup that can kill pretty much any rap song out right now. Not looking to play slowed or chopped and screwed music. Just looking for my own pleasure. The JL would be in a 2.5 net volume box with 38.75" of port tuned to 34 hertz. The sundown will on sundowns recommended specs which is 2.5 net volume with 40" of port and tuned to 32hertz

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always seen when JL says 1200rms that's it and Sundown that's where u start and adjust from there . For me it's a no Brainer . But I'm not a JL fan. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Will the X12 loose output since its a bit smaller woofer and has the mega surround?

I don't know anything about JL but I know u won't be disappointed with sundown. X series are made for lows and take whatever power u through at them. Just me talking but all the JL guys I've delt with have been douche bags they swear there shit don't stink . When I had questions about my box I called Sundown and they talked to me for ten minutes helping me out and for that I was a fan for life. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

this is exactly what im looking for it to do on regular music

They love power. My SA's are rated 600rms each and I give them 1000rms each and they eat it up.

I only run single subs setups, my setup is built exactly for what you want. Its very musical but kills lows. 

If you can get the zv5 then get it. 

X-series would be next best. 

I would list a bunch of others that would work out better than the JL for this setup. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

U can see there are no JL builds on this site for a reason 

Two very different subs meant for two different purposes.

Vs. Threads are frowned upon here.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If I were to choose between a single 12 sundown x and zv5 and put them to rated rms what's the difference between those two?

Archived