BUILT CUSTOM CENTER CONSOLE: TO FIBERGLASS OR NOT?

I need some expert advice. I built this custom center console from 1/2" birch plywood, using filler where needed. I routed all of the inside and outside edges to prep it for laying fiberglass cloth over it as I've seen many people do to dashboards and speaker enclosures on youtube. I used an epoxy resin as a first coat on the wood so it wouldn't start soaking up all the resin when I went to lay down my cloth. But now it looks pretty good and I'm wondering if I should go the extra mile and put cloth on it and a couple more layers of resin to smooth it out and THEN paint or just sand, primer and paint over what is there right now? I'd love some opinions on this. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to going either way. I'm concerned about the wood warping over time from humidity and such if I don't put cloth on it. Your thoughts are much appreciated! Photos attached ?

20170514_120335a.jpg

20170514_120305a.jpg

Here's my .02...you've already made a sturdy, solid console.  Fiberglass would be required if you had only built a frame, then used cloth to stretch over it and to create the solid surfaces.  But, you have solid surfaces.  So, no fiberglass needed.  If you're painting it and want to be sure all the plywood edges are smooth, you could use bondo to smooth it out.  Otherwise, start finishing it.

Archived