Fuse sizing and wiring for HO alternator

I  am going to be running a ct sounds t2500, but right now i am using a hifonics 1100 @ 1 ohm... i purchased a 370amp ho alternator and i would like to know what size fuse to battery for it...im guessing a 350?....and the reason y i got the 370 is because eventually ill be running a endo 5500 @ .5 if your wondering...the ct will be my break in amp for each sub i get until i get enouogh money...one other question when i have both subs and amp should i run another lead from my alternator to rear batteries or just two runs from alt to under hood battery and 2 runs from front batt to rear batts? and for every power run means another ground run or do i just run 1 ground for each battery? sorry for all the questions but i wana do this right and i have never done more than just a single run with no alt or batt upgrades, but i understand the basics...thanks

If you're keeping the stock wiring along with the new stuff, then no need for fuse from alt. 2 positive runs from alt to underhood batt will be sufficient, no need to run from alt to rear. Ground the alt to underhood batt, get your big 3 or big 4 done. Rear bank: Some folks ground amps to batt. I choose to ground my amps and rear bank to chassis. Can't be stingy with grounds. I got 2 grounds to chassis per batt. Don't forget a volt meter wired to your mono block. 

Make sure all ur wires can handle that much power running thru them.  Dont wanna burn up. If ur using 1/0 i think u should run double on everything. Or use bigger wire if u want single runs. Im no expert at all tho, just my thoughts. 

If you got 300amps running thru a wire that is only rated to handle 200amps, you might have a bad day. Better to be safe than sorry. Goodluck man.

2 hours ago, Sundown42089 said:

Thanks I dont need two runs of ground off alt though right? And are you grounding all your wires on same bolt to frame for your rear bank?

Two grounds off the alt wouldn't hurt anything, I run one. The grounds off your  rear bank should have there own dedicated grounding point. I'm not a pro, just going off what I've learned from reading. RTcharger bought up a good point...be safe than sorry. Two fused 1/0 runs (or grater) is a must to the rear bank. Fuse +/- 18" from the front batt and fuse +/- 18" before  the rear bank.

Archived