Trunk build: DD ESP 10 basket, Sundown Zv4 motor, DL Designs 4k coil and soft parts, quarterwave at 29hz*, m2c x 2 etc.

Hey folks, its been a long time.  Im finally getting to do something I've wanted to do for a while! And that's a fatass quarterwave enclosure for a beefy 10 tuned lowwww.  I recently acquired a DD audio ESP 10 with 9500 soft parts and a 9000 series motor.  I have no idea what the T/S parameters are and frankly i dont give three shits! 30hz is the line length we are shooting for.  UPDATE: line length ended up being 29hz.

nMhprB.jpg

Right now I im running 2 memphis m5 10s at 25hz on a STEG k203.  My M2c should be in tomorrow so I can start doing sloppy things and making more bass.  Box is built for the DD !

boss 1200 and a ipod nano.

So my car has been struggling to start lately and the battery under the hood isnt too extremely old ( year and a half )

So I pop her top and take a look at the goods, and each terminal was caked in shit corrosion.  So I assume that's my issue, so lets clean these terminals.  

IMG_07111.jpg

Someone is curious. 

IMG_07121.jpg

The negative terminal is a pain in the ass right now, my fault all the way because Ive never had the motivation to change it EVER so I just roll with it duudes.

IMG_07131.jpg

See that power wire got a fancy stinger terminal and it makes life easy, and you would think i would do something similar to the negative to make like easier, NO im lazy as shit.  

IMG_07141.jpg

there lies a run of dirty ass stinger 0 gauge down to the singer 240.  

IMG_07151.jpg

She dirty but she fine as hell

IMG_07171.jpg

Dont ask, I worked at a stereo shop for 3 years and made do with what i could get, and it seemed at the time, it was random 4 gauge runs to a D block, and the shit works great!

Anyways after getting it all back together she still started super sluggish, Im gonna throw in the fact that i have been having ignition probs so the car will die randomly sometimes?? So it did. Died and sat there for maybe 2 minutes with stereo on and ac on...I run out thinking good thing i cleaned those terminals...I turn the key, she barely heaves and clicks out the gosh darn battery is dead I wasted so much time cleaning terminals on a shit battery.   So i get my little Bolt car starter and get her running, and head to the shop, Ive been needing to go up there anyway to bug the shit out of Jimmy. 

Im at the shop and first thing i notice.. 

IMG_07211.jpg

I about died, somone trying to put damn near mojos in a sealed truck box down fire.  Or maybe they are taking them out because they realize how shitty of an idea it is.  

Anyway skip all the pics of my Dblock setup, removed the steg k203 and its 4 gauge run, added m2c with a 0gauge run to the amp from the DBlock. Oh and I got a new battery under the hood

IMG_07221.jpg

Its hot outside im sweating a little, i get the amp in and the box back in with help, turn gain up a little over a quarter, turn off un needed filters and shut the trunk. I leave the shop I turn it up and she is gettin down but not like I expected at all.  Im thinking maybe just a touch more gain will give her the juice flow.  No, not at all, the STEG was just as loud and I was confused. Then I remembered.  The steg is a 2 channel and i had that majestic bastard bridged at 4 ohms.  Doh! I was putting a 4 ohm resistance on that m2c.  brain farts clear and we proceed.  

IMG_07231.jpg

We get the sub up and out enough to remove

IMG_07241.jpg

And if you were curious on what she looks like this is her.  

Anyway got her wired to 1 ohm and it was night and day.  Extremely aggressive! I need to do a little work on my electrical.  Definitely need some back up juice.  

Nice. I'm curious how it sounds. I gotta get a alt on my TL. I know my m2a has to be beating it to death. 

I know your trunk has got to rattle like crazy! That's one thing I like about forward fire sealed off. No trunk rattle. 

Can you turn the box around and try it?

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

19 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

Nice. I'm curious how it sounds. I gotta get a alt on my TL. I know my m2a has to be beating it to death. 

I know your trunk has got to rattle like crazy! That's one thing I like about forward fire sealed off. No trunk rattle. 

Can you turn the box around and try it?

I probably could but i dont think it would be as loud unless i sealed off the trunk.  Plus I got plans for the trunk rattle and any ideas on killing trunk rattle would be awesome.  My first thought was spray foam.  

Yea I sealed off the trunk. Still rattles just a little bit. Gotta find where it's coming through at and seal it off. My trunk doesn't rattle at all, just the trunk lid a little bit. It's already deadened to the point the trunk springs barely lift it. 

I'm guessing you'll run into the same issue. But I believe spray foam could help. Might have to try that.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

i probably shouldve turned on the subsonic filter up a little but IDK if it wouldve saved it.

IMG_07371.jpg

she was eating the back of that motor.  In my defense im in that 30 below life and she got back plated many times.  

IMG_07361.jpg

a hidden dustcap!

not sure how i feel about that

IMG_07381.jpg

Z or 9500 motor and recone tha bish is the next plan  For now this tramp is out of commission.  Im such a newb.  

esp basket sent to Master Dave Leib.  He's gonna create me another frankenwoofer with the esp frame and other parts. Untill then we just wait on that shit.  Oh and this go round we going dual 1 so I can run the m2c at half ohm.  Will def need an upgrade in electrical.  

• 1 month later...

Wonderful.  Photobucket decided that now is the time to charge 40 bucks a month for 3rd party hosting.  So all the pics are now bogus. It cant get me down though no NOoooo.  Here is a picture

wv2MP0.jpg

I should receive her sometime this week.  

Archived