CE Auto Electric Supply

So, who here at SMD are the industry's next great thinkers?  Who is on their way to becoming the expert?  Who is already there is and ready to solve the next big problem, overcome the next big hurdle, or earn the next patent?

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Having read the first post in this thread and the last post just now from Snafu, I'd like to contribute.  As this is ultimately a discussion on ingenuity and human evolution, I should talk a little about human history so that y'all may better understand what I have done.  This has everything to do with music and time. Two things that are uniquely human and are a major part of civilization, and something y'all like to do in your whips....BOOM goes the beat...time and music!

Many aeons ago, in simpler days, animal evolution had branched off in many directions and resulted in an amazing variety of life all over the globe.  Somewhere along that timeline is where humanity started, but nobody has been able to pinpoint exactly when that was or exactly how that came to be.  Only approximations are what we have to work with.  This topic has long intrigued me and I have thought about it much.

We have opposable thumbs, better to grip tools with, yielding a distinct advantage and superiority over lesser animals...as we can fashion and grip weapons to defend ourselves with and conquer new turf to live upon.  We can also create and use tools to cultivate and harvest crops to feed ourselves with.  Our ability to hold and use tools has been very important in our evolution.  Some time during those many aeons ago, there were less evolved primates that scavenged their food however they could.

One of those ways that some primates scavenged food was in felled trees, inside of which termites thrived.  They ate those termites as they are a great source of protein and perhaps tasted good.  (I don't know if they taste good, having never tried them...or even wanted to try them...but hey...what is a monkey to do?)  At first, the primates could get the termites to come out by banging on the log, termites come out, termites get eaten..yum!  Well, it takes a whole lot of termites to fill a stomach so what were those primates to do about getting at the termites that didn't come out?  Eventually they figured out how to put a stick in the hole and fish the termites out with the stick.  The first primitive use of tools!  Voila!

Well, that's fine and dandy, right?  Indeed!  One stick and a felled tree.  How to make that more efficient as to get more food in a shorter period of time?  It didn't take long for those primates to realize that two sticks are twice as many as one stick...and they could put one stick in the hole while eating the termites off of the other.  Production doubling!  Efficiency!  Great right?

Great, indeed!  It gets better though...  After pigging out on termites with a stick in each hand, what is that monkey going to do when it has emptied the tree, hollowed out from termites having chewed through it?  A monkey with two sticks in it's hands and a hollowed out log in front of it.  That little guy would beat on that log with those two sticks, trying to get more termites out of it!  It didn't take long for it to figure out how to play a rhythm on it...and humanity was borne out of this.

Humanity was borne out of the ability to hold two sticks in their hands and beat upon a drum (hollowed out log).  The first tools we invented were levers (drumsticks) and musical instruments, specifically drums.  From those primordial rhythms we played upon hollowed out logs eventually formed out understanding of time...and nowadays, thousands of years later, we have mastered time down to the smallest unit of time possible, Planck time. (a constant in quantum mechanics that is a fundamental constant found all throughout modern physics).  Our understanding of time has allowed us to peer through our telescopes far enough back in time to see almost to the very beginning of time, supposedly 13.7 Billion years ago.  Time.

All of our understanding of the Universe was started with primitive human beings beating on hollowed out logs, playing drums.  You guys put massive audio systems in your cars so that the time can be blasted into your skulls at great volume.  (Me too!  I love this shit!  lol!)

Well, we have gone through many innovations in drums...from simple hollowed out logs, to upgrading the playing surface with animal skins, gaining the ability to tension the heads to produce specific notes (enter melody and musical scales), all the way up to today's drums with fancy high-precision screws tightening heads on pristine cylinders of the finest materials.  We are at a very high level of invention when it comes to drums..after all, we have been working on making better drums for many thousands of years.  It is hard to improve upon what so many brilliant minds have produced over so many thousands of years.  Our modern drums sound awesome and they are hard to beat.  One must be an absolute genius to create something better.

I invented and fabricated this...

karma_balanced_drum.jpg

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

That drum will always be in tune, and you can change the pitch with one hand while playing the drum.  It is the most 'perfect' drum in the world.  :D

My inventions have not been limited to drums, but I can't tell you all too much about my other creations because the world simply is not ready for the other stuff yet.

(Don't confuse this with narcissism or insanity.  I am flexing like so many of you guys do, just in my own way.)

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Having read through this thread, I have even more appreciation for what Snafu is trying to do.  I will add that the idea of linear electromagnetic motors has not been fully explored and there are some very useful machines that can be made from the concept.  Some of those ideas will change our entire world for the better.

An area of expertise that I have focused on in my professional past has been aerospace, and I have been working on a concept based on linear electromagnetic motors that can ultimately get humanity into space much more affordably and safely.  Replacing the heavy and complicated hydraulic systems by using linear EM actuators will save an enormous amount of weight.  This idea will also find a great home in cybernetics, allowing for 'servo' control to be much lighter, flexible, simpler, and affordable.  This will help afford the crippled better motivation as well as bolster the strength of those who have full facility.

The physics of the conventional speaker has many secrets hiding within!

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

I have a hard time motivating myself to learn/know more than the basic's to get by in this hobby.

Might be because i believe i'm somewhere on the spectrum of ADD and find myself have a hard time concentrating on the real technical aspects of all this stuff.

At least for the most part i think i know enough that i don't really find myself asking nearly as many questions as i used to even 4-5 years ago.

It would no doubt be different if my career path was involved in the car audio world and i was getting paid to learn/know these things.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers