Connecting amps, tweeter suggestions

WhiteMan_FTS

Hey guys. So ive started working on my mids/highs and I have a few questions.

So I've purchased 4 Skar FSX 6.5 speakers and I'm planning to pair it with a Precision power p900.4 amp

My issue is is that its not strappable(is that the right word?) and I'm looking to add some tweeters on a separate amp.

Can I buy an amp for my tweeters and use it as a master and do the p900.4 as the slave? Then if I add more amps in the future would I do X as master, tweeters as slave and p900.4 as slave? 

How much wattage for tweeters would you suggest to match with the 150rms mids? Also what crossovers? 

link to amp: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38338_Precision-Power-PPI-P900.4.html

link to speakers: https://www.skaraudio.com/products/fsx65?variant=17901505089

Signal splitters, a COCK BOX, or DSP might be more to your needs if you plan to run that many amps. Or wiring your twts together down to 2 ohm if the amp is stable in that load. (depending on where your twts are in your system.) 

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

Signal splitters, a COCK BOX, or DSP might be more to your needs if you plan to run that many amps. Or wiring your twts together down to 2 ohm if the amp is stable in that load. (depending on where your twts are in your system.) 

I'll be running 6x9 - 6.5 adapters with the tweeters right next to the speakers

. The speakers are 150rms and the amp is 150rms @4 ohms, I think 250 rms @2 ohms according to the sonic dunk video. 

So I could just use signal splitters and all the amps will work just as they should?

23 minutes ago, WhiteMan_FTS said:

I'll be running 6x9 - 6.5 adapters with the tweeters right next to the speakers

. The speakers are 150rms and the amp is 150rms @4 ohms, I think 250 rms @2 ohms according to the sonic dunk video. 

So I could just use signal splitters and all the amps will work just as they should?

Yes. if you have a 4v signal per channel and you split it, it then becomes 2v per channel. HU to amplifier gains need to be set accordingly and you will be fine.

34 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Yes. if you have a 4v signal per channel and you split it, it then becomes 2v per channel. HU to amplifier gains need to be set accordingly and you will be fine.

Unfortunately I don't. I believe mine is 2v.

so now my question is to avoid switching head units, could I use an amp for the tweeters as master and then the p900.4 as slave?

2v would become a 1v signal. Low but would probably still work. If a 4 ch amp has a pass-thru then yes that would work. Master and slave? Not sure what your referring to. 

50 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

2v would become a 1v signal. Low but would probably still work. If a 4 ch amp has a pass-thru then yes that would work. Master and slave? Not sure what your referring to. 

I probably have my terminology mixed up. Okay, got it. Thank you for your help.

now my other question is, how many watts rms tweeters would be a nice match tor 150rms each  

9 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Split our 4v source 6 ways with a ccck box. Lost absolutely zero voltage. 4v across errrry channel. 

^^^^ When you put things in parallel the current divides but the voltage stays the same. You should be fine with a splitter. The pass through on an amp is a splitter too. Get a small 2 channel for the tweeters and use the built in highpass crossover at the manufacturers recommendation to start.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Also, speakers that aren't playing the same frequencies don't drop impedance. If your tweeters play 5k-up and your woofers roll off at 4k, they don't overlap. Meaning you can run the same amp to both. Also, you can run a final load of 2 ohms in the woofer frequencies and 4 ohms in the tweeter frequencies without issue if needed.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived