[Update 3/18] Another Boring Tahoe Build [SOLD]

well shit, enjoying whats done so far, definitely tuned in.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the kind words fellas ?

It means a lot, especially knowing I'm giving other people ideas for their own setups

8 hours ago, twalker182 said:

I'm not typically a fan of plastidipped wheels but in your case, they look 20 times better....way to go!

Yeah I had never used plasti-dip before, but I'm definitely a fan now.

Only like $14 in cost and an hour of my time for all the rims.

I was originally going to keep them OEM colored, but once I tinted the windows I knew that the rims had to change too lol.

Here's how she sits now with the new handles:

9N5cTd2l.jpg

Hopefully Monday my deadener will come in and I can start working on my doors a bit.

I also need to take off the brush guard, sand the rust and repaint it, and install new headlights because those bright orange blinker lights annoy the heck outta me.

Looks good. Can't believe you swapped painted handles for the black plastic lol.

I know what you mean by having a blazer and wanting a Tahoe. My first vehicle was a 95 s10 blazer, always wanted a Tahoe instead. Finally got me a Yukon xl a few years ago

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

58 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

Looks good. Can't believe you swapped painted handles for the black plastic lol.

I know what you mean by having a blazer and wanting a Tahoe. My first vehicle was a 95 s10 blazer, always wanted a Tahoe instead. Finally got me a Yukon xl a few years ago

Yeah I tried plasti-dipping the handles first, but it didn't come out like I wanted. Plus the black plastic will undoubtedly last longer.

Everytime I hop in the Blazer now, I'm reminded how small it is comparatively

Between work and helping my parents out around the house, I don't get a ton of time to work on it, but I did get my rear doors deadened:

LPdeA8cl.jpg

HKWxxOzl.jpg

It's hard to see, but there are 2 layers at about 80% coverage back inside the door, then 1 layer of scattered crap all over the front.

Hopefully today I'll get my front doors deadened, and maybe even load some 6.5s in them.

I'd been holding out buying new batteries, because I knew a couple guys in the area were considering swapping to Lithium.

So yesterday I went and picked up 6 G31 AGM batts for cheaper than 2 would cost new.

nGJbQHtl.jpg

No idea if I'll need all 6, or if I can even fit them. We'll see.

Finally done with the worst part of this build. I'm so happy!?

mnymCM4l.jpg

pErss5zl.jpg

eoLIEH7l.jpg

Used damn near 80 square feet for the 4 doors and hatch. 2-3 layers everywhere.

For a second I thought I might run out, honestly.

I might go back and do another layer or fill in some more spots, but it seems pretty solid to me right now.

Tomorrow will hopefully be figuring out my door panel situation for mounting highs / mids.

that is a lot of product! Looks good man, shit ton of work. I got to where i try to pull harness's and bolted parts off just to have larger surface to cover at once but you did a great job. Lots of small rectangular pieces.

On 5/23/2017 at 10:51 PM, bcbrassard said:

that is a lot of product! Looks good man, shit ton of work. I got to where i try to pull harness's and bolted parts off just to have larger surface to cover at once but you did a great job. Lots of small rectangular pieces.

I never even thought to pull stuff off to make it easier lol.

I've lost so many screws in this install already just due to carelessness, so I figured the less I pull apart the better.

Man I have a tan 09 Tahoe I had a flat box but now switching to c pillar wall. After removing my rims in December due to constantly blowing tires I have never been happy with my factories you have inspired me to dip mine black also I did mine on my last car and they looked nice but now I'm positive I will do it on this vehicle also.

20 hours ago, bigp88 said:

Man I have a tan 09 Tahoe I had a flat box but now switching to c pillar wall. After removing my rims in December due to constantly blowing tires I have never been happy with my factories you have inspired me to dip mine black also I did mine on my last car and they looked nice but now I'm positive I will do it on this vehicle also.

Yeah I'm very familiar with your build, awesome looking vehicle ?

I really really wanted to wall, but didn't feel comfortable driving 1500 miles a week without view out of my back window.

Archived