[Update 3/18] Another Boring Tahoe Build [SOLD]

6 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

I'm in Texas or otherwise I might consider it. This Hurricane had revealed some holes in my truck I didn't know about. I been driving around around trying to help people and the carpet is soaked from the bottom.

Ah man that sucks. I hope you and your family are doing alright and wishing you the best in helping everyone else out

so my ports got here today, and it was just one problem after another lol

people always told me not to do L-bends in aeroports, and I wondered why. I saw that a 10" PVC bend cost around $49. So I got a $6 piece of duct instead.

hx3WmoPl.jpg

Then we started building the box, and the 10" would not fit, because our bend ended up being bigger than I calculated.

zKPKvQRl.jpg

We were determined to make it work and spent 4 hours trying all sorts of things.

oYHsyitl.jpg

W071rp0l.jpg

In the end, we gave up and called it a night, frustrated and sick of this entire project.

tomorrow we'll be patching up the hole we cut for the 10", and just dropping in the 8" port which should (hopefully) fit with no unnecessary modifications.

Lol! Yea I'm using sch 20 I believe for my 2 6" ports. 2 45s and 2 4ft pieces of pipe were 40ish. And then made a jig to flare them. Anything bigger than that gets stupid expensive 

How in the heck would that box have enough airspace for 4 10s and a huge 10" port?

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

15 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

Lol! Yea I'm using sch 20 I believe for my 2 6" ports. 2 45s and 2 4ft pieces of pipe were 40ish. And then made a jig to flare them. Anything bigger than that gets stupid expensive 

How in the heck would that box have enough airspace for 4 10s and a huge 10" port?

The airspace was no issue, even with the 10" port @ 23" deep, it was still bigger than my liking. (4.86 cubes net)

So you can imagine that with this 8" the box is gonna be huge? (5.28 cubes net).

I'll probably finish building it today, spend an hour metering, then throw it all up for sale.

Because... I just bought a Taramps 8k and 3 more G31 batts ?

5 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

Wow... it just doesn't look like the box is that big

49" wide x 16" deep x 18" tall for 6.28 cubes gross.

It was built to be as shallow as possible, so that I could keep trunk space lol.

2 hours ago, RedFred said:

49" wide x 16" deep x 18" tall for 6.28 cubes gross.

It was built to be as shallow as possible, so that I could keep trunk space lol.

Yea that's how my 4 12 box is in the XL. Only it's only 14ish deep and like 20 tall I think

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

This box has been the worst pain in the ass I've ever had with car audio.

So although the 8" port was much smaller, it was still too big to fit the damn flare on the inside

E5KiY1wl.jpg

It took about 2 hours of pop riveting, cutting duct, duct taping, removing, and retaping in order to get this thing to fit in there. And it is literally pressed into the box so hard.

LYNwiBml.jpg

zkzFE0El.jpg

R0zPyQwl.jpg

WiQ3xbbl.jpg

It actually doesn't look half bad, but I'm expecting it to sound like crap.

Tomorrow I'll put it in, and then I have an 8 hour drive to Muncie, IN and back to get 4 Sundown X15s, and some batteries? should be some good playtime to break the two new subs in before I go full tilt metering them tomorrow

Got the subs put in, but I'm kinda babying them since 2 are brand new.

I sold my last C318 basket and motor today, and the guy wanted a demo so I gave him one with the 10s. Definitely felt like less than a 145 lol. Maybe tomorrow I'll meter them.

The rest of my day was spent traveling for these babies

fqrt6sul.jpg

GdvVUpSl.jpg

Anyone who knows me knows I generally hate Sundown, because I think their stuff is so overpriced, but I have always loved the look of the fluffy X series surround.

The guy in Muncie had the batts and subs at prices that just couldn't be beat.

So my C315s and S210s are all for sale, and I'm working on a box design for the 4 X15s on a Taramps 8k to start, and may grab another in the future since they're so cheap.

Archived