[Update 3/18] Another Boring Tahoe Build [SOLD]

Actually got a ton done today! Finally got my window decals in, but they appeared too small!

No matter what position we tried, my dad and I couldn't get it to line up. And the guy I bought them from wasn't able to figure it out either.

5bsFgD9l.jpg

turns out we had to cut the bottom 3 stripes off, and do the decal in 2 parts

s0SUYAll.jpg

XWzenCGl.jpg

im17lqrl.jpg

We did the passenger side first, and it is a little lopsided, plus has a few issues, but you can't tell from 3' away. The driver side came out much better!

Worth the $50 for sure.

Then I started tearing down my setup

9rj6KwGl.jpg

The box with the C315s bumps so hard it starts sliding all the way to the hatch, so I needed to throw my false floor back in so that I could screw everything in place.

However, I wanted a more clean look than that black and green splatter paint I had, so out came the carpet.

2vY5vUul.jpg

NR2wHJel.jpg

Muuuuucccchhh better!

Then went in the 2 new batts and the old one, and my amps. 

D76kznwl.jpg

45beykvl.jpg

The amp rack is much sturdier when you actually build it how it's intended to be built, who woulda guessed??

Still have 34" from the back of the batteries to the hatch, which is decent. Gonna be real hard to fit four X15s though.

Tomorrow morning I'm picking up a temp box for two of the X15s so I can throw them in and get some testing going....

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I got the box today, nice double baffled birch, kerf port.

8 cubes net, 108 square inches of port, tuned @ 29hz

MioDeHdl.jpg

rtNvv3Kl.jpg

These subs sure look beastly!

The box is 28" deep, which leaves me 6" from the hatch. That's the same depth of the boxes I have been trying to build, so it was good to see where the box would actually sit in real life.

Since they're D2, I am strapped @ 2 ohms, rising to around 6 and clamping 1600w. feelsbadman.

Couldn't manage to squeeze out a 147, but it hits 146s consistently from 30hz - 40hz

bzlueqxl.png

I guess we'll see what happens.

You'll never get loud with impedances like that sir.  Wire down to half and make some power.  Oh wait... Brazilian.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

On 9/5/2017 at 2:48 PM, Wishuponasub said:

Those surrounds look insane. Box looks good. I know I'm stating the obvious but a little more power would get those numbers up.

On 9/5/2017 at 4:11 PM, WalledSonic said:

You'll never get loud with impedances like that sir.  Wire down to half and make some power.  Oh wait... Brazilian.

I know right ?

2 months and counting that my Banda 7k has been in repair. feelsbadman.

Got a Taramps 8k waiting at home, just gotta go back this weekend and get it.

Well as anyone following this log knows, I tend to swap up setups a lot.

So the 4 X15s already have a new owner ?

They looked beautiful, and I enjoyed the thick surround so much, but by wanting 4 cubes each, it was just looking like a super tight fit to squeeze 4 of them. I also learned that I really don't care much for lows. With the suburban moving a ton of air and hair tricking like crazy it's great, but in this Tahoe they were flexing everything loose, and just didn't have enough power or cone area to hair trick.

I'd much rather stick to the 35 - 50hz range and feel that punchy bass in my chest.

Plus at the price I paid, I made a sweet profit, and helped out a local guy who had been looking for some X's forever.

I've been banging on the C315s again, and one of them seems to be going bad. My first SoundQubed casualty. It doesn't look like the coil is bad (from what I can see), but it sounds super scratchy at all volume levels.

This weekend I'll finally go home, pick up the Taramps 8k, meter on that hopefully, and then probably go ahead and blow this 15.

I've got two 10" aero ports sitting in my garage, the two Banda 7ks in repair, and Jonathan Patrick is having a sale on GM small case hairpins, so I'll probably pick up one of his 320a for $265 and see if I can't get this build loud like I had initially intended.

Whelp. didn't make it to the weekend.

jCYehyal.jpg

My roommates and I got out of class and went for a little bass therapy, and everything was going well. We were beating on them for probably an hour straight, full tilt on each song for like a minute, then swapping songs. Just metering, seeing how much air it could move, etc.

All of a sudden mid song I happened to look back and my entire vehicle was in smoke. I didn't think to capture a video until most of it had cleared out though ?

So that's that.

When I bought these subs, they came as a pair and the guy told me the one on the right was freshly reconed.

In the past I've always just wanged on my subs and they've survived, but I guess this one couldn't hang. Clip city.

So I've got some recones on the way, and 2 more D1 C315s. Working on a box design.

Also ordered the 320a alt and the dual bracket.

• 3 weeks later...

Went ahead and threw 5% tint on the front windows, over the existing 20%. Looks much better. 1% on all the windows and 35% on the shield now.

mh1kusvl.jpg

bvZtfUCl.jpg

I have a Pioneer AVH-X490BS waiting at home and a BC8 backup camera that'll be getting installed this weekend. Then I'll have a little more freedom over my crossovers, than the 80PRS offers.

I've been without bass for almost 2 weeks now and am kind of getting used to it. As always I'm torn between going all out or just downsizing.

I had purchased a Limitless 80aH lithium, but the seller ended up trying to scam me, so I'm working through paypal right now to get that money back. ;/

1%  LMFAO

How is driving at night?  I love it, looks awesome.  I would get pulled over so fast around here.  I got a couple tickets for 35% and I normally run 20%  

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived