[Update 3/18] Another Boring Tahoe Build [SOLD]

21 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

Yea suburban and XL rear seats don't work in tahoes and short yukons. Should have warned you on that. Sorry lol. 

You wouldn't happen to want to let go of one of those 3500s would you?

The seat thing makes a lot of sense intuitively lol, I just never thought about it.

All of my 3500s are pending sale, but I'll post on here if they don't sell.

@WalledSonic I tried to PM you pictures of the 1100.4 but they were too big. Feel free to add me on Facebook "Josh Milenko" or give me an email or something

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways got the setup thrown together today.

Things didn't quite go as expected. I thought I had enough room on the box to mount both the 7500 and the 1100.4, but I was mistaken.?

rbt5bhJ.jpg

CNS180k.jpg

My dad designed the battery/amp rack, so it hangs onto the seat bolts

Iz17DCZ.jpg

Took about 3 hours to do all the wiring, but I figure since I rarely keep setups more than a month, I didn't need to go crazy with hiding wires or anything

BhliJV9.jpg

BzWeJtW.jpg

WVsh7k2.jpg

If I decide to keep any of this, I can easily add some cosmetic fascia's to it.

It was already dark by the time I finished, and everytime I've blown an amp it's been at night... so I'm now superstitious and will be waiting until tomorrow to test it out.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got to put it on real power, and I am amazed!

Doing 52s sealed

OCt7ITP.png

and 54s outlaw

iGKZL0g.png

Haven't really found my peak tuning yet because... cheap RCA's.

3MWt5u4.jpg

I noticed it sounded like some of my mids cut out, and went back to find that.

They're cheap splitters I had in the basement, that I put in because my RCA's were only giving signal from one RCA per.

I think my issue is behind the head unit, but I've been putting it off forever.

Tomorrow I'll probably see if I can sort it out.

Didn't really get any good videos, but you can atleast see my voltage in this one:

1 G34 under the hood, 1 G31 in the rear, 80aH of homemade lithium, CES 370a alt, and an Ampere 7500 @ 0.5

1 hour ago, bmwking said:

80ah of homemade lithium you say?  Did you do what I did and buy CALB cells?  voltage looks pretty awesome considering 7500 @ 0.5 lol

I bought the bank already put together from a friend

http://www.electriccarpartscompany.com/New-Energy-20Ah-Aluminum-Encased-Battery

I didn't know anything (and still don't) about Lithium, but he had like 320aH on 3 American Bass 750.1s or something and said they held up pretty good.

For a $400 lithium, $100 AGM, I can't believe how well the voltage is holding on this amp.

It stays pretty cool too, despite being pushed right up against the seats.

18 minutes ago, RedFred said:

I bought the bank already put together from a friend

http://www.electriccarpartscompany.com/New-Energy-20Ah-Aluminum-Encased-Battery

I didn't know anything (and still don't) about Lithium, but he had like 320aH on 3 American Bass 750.1s or something and said they held up pretty good.

For a $400 lithium, $100 AGM, I can't believe how well the voltage is holding on this amp.

It stays pretty cool too, despite being pushed right up against the seats.

hell yeah thats a good deal!  these are what i got (x4):  http://www.electriccarpartscompany.com/70Ah-CALB-Battery

about $500 shipped.

granted i dont have anywhere near the system you do (yet) im super happy with not being able to get my voltage below 13.9 no matter how hard i beat on it.  plus the recovery is almost instant.

22 minutes ago, bmwking said:

hell yeah thats a good deal!  these are what i got (x4):  http://www.electriccarpartscompany.com/70Ah-CALB-Battery

about $500 shipped.

granted i dont have anywhere near the system you do (yet) im super happy with not being able to get my voltage below 13.9 no matter how hard i beat on it.  plus the recovery is almost instant.

yeah it's pretty awesome how many DIY lithium cells are for sale right now

once we see some more feedback and a set of top cells emerges, it'll be really cool

I love that I can demo for like 30 minutes straight @ 12v now, and as soon as I turn the power down I jump right back to 14.5v lol

10 minutes ago, RedFred said:

yeah it's pretty awesome how many DIY lithium cells are for sale right now

once we see some more feedback and a set of top cells emerges, it'll be really cool

I love that I can demo for like 30 minutes straight @ 12v now, and as soon as I turn the power down I jump right back to 14.5v lol

hell yeah, i love what competition does to pricing haha.

g

got any blown subs youre still trying to get rid of?  I see your posts all the time on the MCAC facebook group, always wanting to snag something from ya but never have the money right.  now i think im gonna be building more subs

i own an 06 yukon denali, essentlially same vehicle, and im, LOVING this build. especially the amp rack/battery mount....

im not one for swooping peoples ideas, as i like to tryn come up with shit thats different then others, but i might have to swoop that center mounted battery/amp rack idea IF ITS OK WITH U. with some clean up work, that shit should pretty fukn cool imo.

1 hour ago, bmwking said:

hell yeah, i love what competition does to pricing haha.

g

got any blown subs youre still trying to get rid of?  I see your posts all the time on the MCAC facebook group, always wanting to snag something from ya but never have the money right.  now i think im gonna be building more subs

Just sold the last of my HDC315s, right now all I have left is working Obsidian 15s.

Feel free to shoot me a friend request?

1 hour ago, SanDiegoSlapper said:

i own an 06 yukon denali, essentlially same vehicle, and im, LOVING this build. especially the amp rack/battery mount....

im not one for swooping peoples ideas, as i like to tryn come up with shit thats different then others, but i might have to swoop that center mounted battery/amp rack idea IF ITS OK WITH U. with some clean up work, that shit should pretty fukn cool imo.

Yeah go ahead! This was all just kind of thrown together in a day, I obviously didn't put much thought into it lol

I am kinda falling in love with the build though, so I might have to take it and make some boxes or fascia and stain it or something.

Gotta run my sub wires through the box instead of the port...

plus I have a 2nd alt and Ampere 9k on the way.

hoping to hit a 55 outlaw when it's said and done

Got a couple more videos of the system.

Voltage is still pretty remarkable for what I consider to be very little electrical.

My 1100.4 gets super hot (1 ohm per channel life), the 7500 stays cool as a breeze, and my subs get warm and smelly, but keep going.

Currently looking to purchase another Tahoe or Suburban because I feel so bad beating this one up... and I made some impulse purchases towards a new build?

Archived