[Update 3/18] Another Boring Tahoe Build [SOLD]

Just bought a 2nd SoundQubed 2200 which should be here mid next week...

Purchased some Audible Engineering 8" and 10" ports...

2 more SoundQubed HDS210s...

And finally have some box plans after about 12 hours of designing. Tried to really maximize the space in my cargo area

Q4EPBALl.png

49" wide x 18" tall x 16" deep.

6.28 cubes gross

w/ 10" aeroport -> 4.86 cubes net tuned @ 36hz (78.6 square inches of port)

w/ 8" aeroport -> 5.28 cubes net tuned @ 29hz (50.3 square inches of port)

I also plan to make a little shroud and finally clean up my wiring, along with adding a 2nd battery.

All said and done I'm hoping it'll hit a 150, and give me atleast 2' of depth into the cargo area. I may also purchase some Captain's seats and install the battery + amps inbetween the seats...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, 8ten8 said:

Dude, thats gonna be a mean lill bugger. 50.3sq"

I sure hope so!

There's a lot of enjoyment in putting up "big" (compared to local guys) numbers with small subs.?

The most interesting thing is probably going to be seeing the difference in bandwidth / numbers between the 8" and 10" port.

If all else fails, I already have a design for 3 HDS215s on the 2200s @ 0.7 each, and with that much cone it should definitely be sufficient.

On the lift versus the drop, I would go with the lift, although I would leave out the tow mirrors and bull bar. Keep it clean and simple. Also chrome and the color of your truck go well together if you ever were thinking about switching up color schemes. 

27 minutes ago, AlexwiththeCanyon said:

On the lift versus the drop, I would go with the lift, although I would leave out the tow mirrors and bull bar. Keep it clean and simple. Also chrome and the color of your truck go well together if you ever were thinking about switching up color schemes. 

this

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

14 hours ago, AlexwiththeCanyon said:

Ehhh. I hate the chrome look. That's why I just got rid of all of it?

If I decide to go with a lift, I'm gonna go all out with big 33" mudders, tow mirrors, everything as full redneck as I can.

The brush guard will go back on at the end of August no matter what I do. That thing is for protection, not aesthetics. After hitting a deer at 55 MPH, and a coyote at 75 MPH, and having no damage done to the vehicle, it's too hard to pass up. Plus it's nice for all the bad drivers.

14 hours ago, AlexwiththeCanyon said:

Image result for lifted chrome and tan tahoe

Don't know how much lift you were going for, but this is something like i had in mind. I don't really like those rims but you get the gist. 

DuS4rGo.jpg

Sorry for the thread Jack.     :)

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

So I was just chilling yesterday, scrolling through my facebook feed when I saw a deal I couldn't pass up.

8 American Bass VFL's 8s in a 1.5" all the way around, birch box. Very interesting build concept too.

kUVb9M6l.jpg

4 hours of driving later, they were mine?

My original plan was (and maybe still is) to sell the box and build a new one similar to the same size as the box I had planned for the 4 10s. (so I don't have to give up 80% of my cargo area)

I've never ran AB before, and don't know about these subs specifically so I've got some research ahead of me, but I'd like to throw all of them on the two 2200s @ 0.5 each if they'll handle it.

Today I hooked them up and was pleasantly surprised with the results!

9AVeHyel.png

ugGan1pl.png

Probably the widest bandwidth of any box I've owned (minus the 4th and 6th order walls). and these little guys get down. Flexing the hell outta the tahoe!

If I'm feeling nice, I'll probably give this setup to my sister since the box was designed for an S10 Blazer (37" wide x 30" deep x 20" tall). If she buys a 2nd AQ2200 this setup could definitely do a 150 in her vehicle.

Archived