[Update 3/18] Another Boring Tahoe Build [SOLD]

Oh, and from your video that 50 sounds good, maybe it was camera positioning, IDK but if you do get the 40 please post up a video exact same camera location and distance.  Maybe even do a walk around the truck?  I cut the resonator off my Tahoe after much research on the net and got about like everyone said....it doesn't actually resonate on the highway which is still a good thing but it BARELY added anymore sound than stock.  of course it did nothing for power but it shaved a few extra pounds for stereo if nothing else, LMAO

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a sign for duals!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:28 AM, Karkov said:

Just not tight enough?  Easy enough to redo I hope

Well the dual outlet sides were not the same distance between each tube, on the OEM and Flowmaster muffler (seems really odd, because this part was the one specifically for this setup of Tahoe).

So when we put it on, we kind of cock-eyed one.

After it fell apart, my dad took the entire muffler from the cat back off, and redid it and so far today it seems to be holding up. I wasn't there at the time to see what he did, but it works well now.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:31 AM, Karkov said:

Oh, and from your video that 50 sounds good, maybe it was camera positioning, IDK but if you do get the 40 please post up a video exact same camera location and distance.  Maybe even do a walk around the truck?  I cut the resonator off my Tahoe after much research on the net and got about like everyone said....it doesn't actually resonate on the highway which is still a good thing but it BARELY added anymore sound than stock.  of course it did nothing for power but it shaved a few extra pounds for stereo if nothing else, LMAO

I'll be driving it around for a few more weeks probably before I make a decision, but I think the 50 is growing on me.

After driving almost an hour yesterday with the stupid straight pipes, the nice quiet rumble is a welcome change lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Some day when it isn't raining, I'll go out and try to do some more footage of the exhaust, and some drive bys and stuff.

Finally got my AMM-1 today!

@ 45hz, rising from 0.5 to 2 ohms -> 1300w ish -> 143.95dB (with me in the hatch, alternator @ idle, dropping to around 12V)

on music, rising to an unknown number -> 1860w -> 144.64 dB (revved to 1500 RPM, dropping around 12.7V)

the highest I saw was around 1900w from the 2200 @ 0.5, but my box rise is insane lol. In one video I saw 4 ohms @ 45hz.

So there are some entertainment videos for ya

Just some cosmetic upgrades. I was sick of the chrome look, so I hit the fender flares, and front and rear bumpers with some more Plasti-Dip. Also removed the front bug guard.

Thinking I'll remove the roof rack, antenna, and running boards soon too.

Deciding if I want a 2/3 drop or a 3" lift lol. Could go either way right now.

FxnPIXMl.jpg

GgHTpREl.jpg

As for audio, I'm toying with these ideas:

4x HDS210s on two 2200s @ 0.5 ohms each

8x HDS2 10s or 12s on a Banda 7k @ 1 ohm

8x Skar IX 10s or 12s on two SoundQubed 2200s @ 0.5 ohms each

18 hours ago, BP1Fanatic said:

2/3 drop & 8-12's!

Hmm... I'm torn between two different looks lol!

There's like the rugged, offroad look with a lift, aggressive tires, tow mirrors, throw my brush guard back on:

NHQm74ql.jpg

(Cattivo @ TahoeYukon Forums - http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/my-5-alarm-hoe.89994/)

4qMs2Wfl.jpg

(MadDogDelpho @ TahoeYukon Forums - http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/maddogs-02-tahoe-lt-bertha-build-thread.92257/)

Or the more typical car audio scene look, lowered, 22"+ rims, blacked out:

4qjA655l.jpg

not sure

I talked to my amp repair guy, and he's had my Banda for 3 weeks now and still doesn't know when the parts will be in. So it could be another month before I get that back.

Soon I think I'll purchase two more HDS210s and see if I can run 4 of them and do 150dB in this thing.. that'll be temporary until I can my big boy amp back.

Lowered and no bigger than 20" rims. All that ridiculous unsprung mass is bad for performance and mpg.

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Archived