UPDATE - Police found my amp.

So last saturday, May 13, 2017 I was headed home from running some errands.  

I sadly ran a red light and hit the front passenger corner of a 2003 Ford f-150 at about 40 to 45 mph.  he was turning left.  again my fault and happy to say nobody was seriously injured.  

some minor scrapes and bruises and a sore ass shoulder.  I deserve it.  but glad to be alive.  

So my car was towed to the local VSF aka wrecker storage on saturday. closed sunday. so I went by there on monday and the lady at the front told me I could not remove anything bolted down.  and yes this included amps, wheels, what ever it was regardless if it was personal or what.  could not be removed and even if it didn't come on the car. She kept referring to TDRL (Texas Department of Regulations and Licences).  I believe this is what she was referring to.  as she didn't know where it was in the rules but just knew that this was there and took advantage of someone who really didn't know.   85.717. Responsibilities of Licensee--Removal of Parts; Dismantling or Demolishing Stored Vehicles

I was then told I had to wait till it was taken to the lot my insurance used to get my amp out of my car. Box was not bolted down so i took that, and she was pisseed because i did since it wasn't bolted down but had screws to keep it from sliding around.  

So on Wednesday I go to the insurance tow lot and guess what my amp is gone.  go back to the original lot to review cameras and same lady says a code is needed to review the video and that the owner will get the message and call me asap.thursday i do some research on the TDRL and find the above statue and also this one.  

85.708. Responsibilities of Licensee--Rights of Owner or Authorized Representative

(b) When a person demonstrates ownership or right to possession of a motor vehicle stored at a VSF, the person or his/her authorized representative shall:

(2) be given access to, and be allowed to remove, any personal belongings in the vehicle, unless otherwise indicated by a law enforcement officer (the VSF must require a receipt from the person to whom the personal belongings are released for any such property removed from the stored vehicle by the vehicle owner or authorized representative);

By now knowing this information I return to the tow lot with this new information and they say sorry cant help you and the rules and regulations are on the sign out side the door.  (first time i am hearing this)  to which i review and there is nothing about bolted down items.  or personal property.  

Friday tow lot owner calls me and informs me that the video they have recycles every 72 hours.  How convenient to call me the day it recycles over the crime.  I recorded our phone call without her knowledge as texas is a one-party state meaning that if one person on the phone knows that its legal.  (learned this during my divorce LOL).  

I have filed a police report and given them a longer version of this in typed form along with  the TDRL rules.  

now for PICS  tried to upload them but photobucket has changed since last time i used it.  

20170515_101413_zpsqqex0c2y.jpg

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q373/dbowen77/20170515_101413_zpsqqex0c2y.jpg

BTW,  S&J towing of humble are thiefs.  Just saying.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Sorry to hear about that accident and the theft, man.  Good information for everyone, especially Houstonians.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

85.708. Responsibilities of Licensee--Rights of Owner or Authorized Representative. (New section adopted effective April 15, 2008, 33 TexReg 2931; amended effective January 16, 2012, 37 TexReg 112)

(a) A VSF must allow a person claiming to be the owner of a vehicle stored or parked at the facility to have access to the vehicle's glove compartment, console, or other interior storage area if documents necessary to establish the person's identity or ownership of the vehicle are located in the glove compartment, console, or other interior storage area.

(b) When a person demonstrates ownership or right to possession of a motor vehicle stored at a VSF, the person or his/her authorized representative shall:

(1) be entitled to inspect a copy of the tow ticket for the motor vehicle and shall not be required to pay any fees or charges before doing so (reasonable opportunity to view the tow ticket displayed behind a glass enclosure satisfies this requirement);

(2) be given access to, and be allowed to remove, any personal belongings in the vehicle, unless otherwise indicated by a law enforcement officer (the VSF must require a receipt from the person to whom the personal belongings are released for any such property removed from the stored vehicle by the vehicle owner or authorized representative);

(3) have access, during normal business hours, to the vehicle for the purposes of insurance and/or repair estimates; and

(4) on request, have access to the current nonconsent towing fees schedule relating to required posting at a VSF for the towing company that towed the vehicle to the VSF.

(c) When right of possession is demonstrated by submission of a proof of loss claim form from an insurance company, subsection (b)(2) does not apply.

(1) For purposes of this subsection, when an insurance company presents a proof of loss claim form, the term 'access' includes, but is not limited to:

(A) verifying the present existence of such vehicle,

(B) confirming the loss,

(C) taking measurements and photographs of the interior and exterior of said vehicle,

(D) recording or attempting to ascertain mileage,

(E) verifying the VIN plate or label,

(F) opening or attempting to open doors, hood or trunk panels,

(G) writing a repair estimate, documenting features, options and conditions, and

(H) when authorized by the owner, operator or lessee of the vehicle, removing the vehicle from the VSF.

(2) Upon the request of an insurer presenting a proof of loss claim form, or upon the request of a tow truck operator possessing a notice of right of possession for salvage form, a VSF shall provide a legible copy of the tow ticket created by the towing operator responsible for towing the vehicle to the VSF to either:

(A) the insurer, within three business days of the insurer presenting the proof of loss claim form; or

(B) the tow truck operator, at the time the tow truck operator presents a copy of the notice of right to possession for salvage form to the VSF.

(3) The VSF may provide the copy of the tow ticket to the insurer, via regular mail, facsimile, or by other electronic means, provided the insurer provides the VSF with a specific mailing address, facsimile phone number, web address or email address to which to send the tow ticket.

(d) A VSF may not request a vehicle owner or operator to sign an authorization form for a tow, repair or any other service if the storage of the vehicle is the result of a tow initiated by law enforcement.

85.717. Responsibilities of Licensee--Removal of Parts; Dismantling or Demolishing Stored Vehicles.(New section adopted effective April 15, 2008, 33 TexReg 2931)

Except as provided for by these rules, no parts shall be removed from any vehicle, and no vehicle shall be dismantled or demolished within the storage area of a licensed VSF. Vehicles may be dismantled or demolished only if the VSF has a certificate of title, certificate of authority to demolish, police auction sales receipt, or transfer document issued by the State of Texas for the vehicle being dismantled or demolished.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

yea fuck a tow lot should had em drag it to your house n drop it there lol

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Had a similar situation with a shady tow yard years ago when my wife totalled her Galant VR4 (unauthorized tow locale--towed from 2 blocks away from my house to across town+ridiculous rules about not letting me get our stuff) . Had AAA pay a discounted rate for the original unauthorized tow to get them drop it on the street in front of their yard. Then had a competitor pick it up right in front of their faces and take it to my house. Took the next week to pull everything and return it to stock in my garage before my insurance co. picked it up and handed me a check.

Best of luck.

Static drops are my bag.

My buddy had an old mail jeep one time, except for the steering wheel was on the correct side because it was an MP patrol jeep from the local air Base. Well anyway he got stopped for no license and no insurance. The only way he could get his stuff was to go give them the title. The tow bill and storage was way more than he paid for it. Lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I have filed a police report with HUMBLE PD and also with the TDRL.  I will make them pay all legal fees i acquire with this.  which will be a lot less than my amp is worth.  but its the principal of it.  

getting a sticker made for the back of my car that says.  "Do not use S&J Towing they lie and steal you stuff"

thankfully i have the 1st amendment, and I will stop at all accidents I see them at and tell people not to use them, and will do what I can to slow them down from getting anywhere.  They are cooks, thieves and any other thing i really cant say.    

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

That's very strange for sure. I've unfortunately been the cause of an accident running a light like that and been on the other end of getting hit by someone running a red light. Fucking sucks no matter which way it goes. Very strange that they did not let you get the equipment. Both times I went to go recover my belongings there was no issues as long as I had registration and my ID present. In fact I've been with a few people to recover belongings from a tow yard and never had an issue. Hell the last time I had to go through that I even took the headlights that were not aftermarket and a few other stock parts and no one told me a damn thing. Not really sure what I would do in a situation like this. Sorry to hear about the accident and glad you're alive. I bet you were pretty sore after that one lol.

Glad you're ok. That really sucks. Call the better business bureau, and contact your local chamber of commerce to let them know what is going on.

There is a company that makes GPS keychains. I wonder if they could be hidden inside an amp to aid recovery?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• 1 month later...

UPDATE - Police Department called me this morning.  they found my amp.  Some ahole tried to pawn it in Cleveland Texas.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

Archived