Sonic Electronix

https://ibb.co/dxXUJF

I got two dc level 4 15s im throwing in the back of my accent hatchback, as you can see all amps are wired up and ready to go, just gotta build box, but I cant figure out what would be best..

its going to be a big and tall slot port box, if port is to the rear it will only have like 4 or 5 inches clearance from hatch, i noticed walled off setups are always port and subs forward and sound great but also hear to always point it backwards... with my setup, what do you think would be best? after i build it,  its gonna be hard to turn around and experiment so kinda have to do it on first try.

20170521_194245.jpg

BOSS Audio FTW! 

• 3 weeks later...

When using a stand-alone enclosure, you should try multiple positions as they generally can respond differently in different locations.  Using a wall is a different approach and at that point the benefits come from shrinking cabin volume instead of enclosure positioning.

Do u have another ported box u could use as a test for positioning? Maybe Barrow a friends box and try it firing into the trunk at about the same distance away as ur DC subs will, take a spl measurement or just try ur hardest to pay attention to how loud it sounds by ear. Then switch it around and fire it toward the front cabin and see which way gives the best bass. That might give u a slightly better idea, its not garanteed but it would be a better guess i would think. Just an idea from a noob here, goodluck man.

Archived