• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Title says first ever build but it's looking like maybe you've done this shit before...  LOL

carry on, superb so far.  Curious to your thoughts once you power up those hybrid audio speakers.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

18 minutes ago, Karkov said:

Title says first ever build but it's looking like maybe you've done this shit before...  LOL

carry on, superb so far.  Curious to your thoughts once you power up those hybrid audio speakers.

Thanks man! I take that as a great compliment. All these tools and shit were bought AFTER i joined the forum lol. Only tools i had were a couple adjustable wrenches, screwdrivers with bits, a hammer. I wasnt at all a "do it yourself" kinna person lol. Ive been watching Mark from caraudiofabrication since mid last year, and Steve Meade, and Doug Bernards of SoundmanCA. Its insane how many videos ive watched of those guys lol and also a lot of googles and reading forums like here and diyma(ithink thats the name) and a couple others. Im a youtube/internet student i guess lol. 

Im sure its going to sound amazing because i have nothing serious to compare it to. Ive never had a real system. My first charger i had, i had a clarion flip screen dvd deck, single mtx 12 9500 in a thunder box i think it was called. Powered by a cousitics amp. It was pretty dope, best ive had. The door speakers were swaped out for orions i believe but they were just ran off the deck. This will be the first time i have mids&highs on an actual amp and not deck power. And that was stock electrical had no clue about big3 lol or alternator power for batteries. I have no mechanical knowledge, just what ive learned within the last year and a half off the internet. It'll be a long time before this shits bumpin but im workin on it. 

You have been busy! Awesome work, figure it out as you go is the best way because you can do exactly what's needed. When you were cutting the tube, I wasn't exactly sure what you were going to do. Turned out great, you might be starting a new trend. Tuned in for more HAT goodness.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

10 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Looking good so far, man, keep up the good work.

Thanks man

10 minutes ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

You have been busy! Awesome work, figure it out as you go is the best way because you can do exactly what's needed. When you were cutting the tube, I wasn't exactly sure what you were going to do. Turned out great, you might be starting a new trend. Tuned in for more HAT goodness.

Yah i was tryna start this log a while ago but had that uploading pics issues. This other app makes it SOOOOOOOOO much easier lol, imagine if i had to run ALL these pics thru imgurl and copy and past and load all this shit lol fuck that. Yah doing it as you go is great, only downside is the time it takes lol. I havent really seen anyone make an adapter like this either, with it being aimed a certain way. Theyre usually just flat maybe raised but not angled. But usually most people will glass the speaker to the door inorder to aim them. I didnt want to go that route. I didnt feel i could get as good a seal for the speakers to have good midbass with the filmsy plastic door panel. I figure the metal door and its inner chamber would create the better sound when properly sound deadened and sealed up. Thanks man

10 minutes ago, bsneon98 said:

glad you made a build log finally, and it looks good so far. Im curious to see how those door pods turn out! 

Lol same here, glad i could finally post multiple pics easy.

Nice man. I'm a total noob too and have been hanging around and learning. I lack the confidence of figuring this stuff out but THIS thread is actually quite inspiring. Thanks and keep up the good work bud.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Shit. I used to think you were stupid and annoying.

I'm sure other members probably think that about me too.

Maybe that was true a while back, maybe it wasn't - but this is some seriously good fucking work dude. Like, straight up. Be proud as shit of that, I'm about to start my first build and I have an entire machine shop at my disposal, doubt it will be as good as this.

Next thing you might be interested in making if you don't have a solution already is a shop-vac to funnel bucket dust collection system. Rig it all up with quick clamps or something. CAF has a good video I believe. 

Archived