No, my battery is underhood.

Im pretty certain that it does have to be connected but if you left the factory wires hooked up(which you should have) you'll be good to go.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

3 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

No, my battery is underhood.

Im pretty certain that it does have to be connected but if you left the factory wires hooked up(which you should have) you'll be good to go.

Shit. Guess its good i asked lol. It goes to that stud between the grommet holes i made.  Hope i kept the nut.

with the speaker wire bundle and the pos/neg 4/0 runs to the back, i figure i just get rid of that stock 2awg run to make a lil room. 

Ill probably put the stock positive wire back on the alt too then lol smh. 

Yeah, always leave the stock wires, your car has a canbus system which will go nuts if you mess with the factory wiring.

Always add to it, don't remove it, you could get away with it on older vehicles but newer stuff is super sensitive when it comes to electrical stuff.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

3 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Yeah, always leave the stock wires, your car has canbus system which will go nuts if you mess with the factory wiring.

Qlways add to it, don't remove it, you could get away with it on older vehicles but newer stuff os super sensitive when it comes to electrical stuff.

Get to it after work today, probably have to remove the alt again to reach the charging stud. 

Finally got to put the stock wires back on. Made a few mistakes first, thinking i could just connect it to my new fuse holder, because that goes to the battery. But i realised that wire is coming right from the alternator, not from the battery. Might fuck something up connecting it directly to my alts charge wire right? So i just ran the stock wire back through, didnt wanna fuck with it much and come up with something super extra clean, becuase i through the old bracket away already the one that had the studs on it, one stud on interior and another on the exterior. So i just used a bolt, washer, lock washers, and nut. Tighented it down and covered it up. 

Heres my hackjob connection lol, just both stock terminals on eachother. Had to cut the rubber off that one sides terminal.

49D87282-AEBC-404C-BB0A-948249267616.thumb.jpeg.5898a1da3ade61a1b2ed019c0ff1b515.jpeg

Used some Secondskin Overkill foam to soften up the edges of that connection and tesa taped it up.

9C0A65A5-5379-4A04-A5F0-9184DAB45F95.thumb.jpeg.5c79a69105ba4047cc3d41db36559623.jpeg 

Then taped it up good. Still gotta make a lil grommet or something for that hole, it was already there from that stock bracket stud thing. 

2FACB61A-433C-4FD0-910B-A6D1444D74E9.thumb.jpeg.e991d3f9b8e0b4873afee76329d0d292.jpeg

After all that i put everything back together. Wheel back on, alternator back in with its stock charge wire, belt back on and lined up with all the other wheels, one end of radiator hose clamped back on nice and snug, other end of radiator hose got one of two bolts bolted in good and tight.....tighten down the LAST FKN BOLT and the fkn head snaps off ?

7757A8A1-963B-48FD-9900-E10D78FCE7E5.thumb.jpeg.cc8f01345e3c799754717abbba336b45.jpeg

Awesome work man! 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

• 3 weeks later...

Got a lil more done today. 

Started out with adding my grommet for the stock alt wire, had to enlarge the hole to fit the grommet. Then added sanded it a lil and added some touchup paint. Then installed the grommet and CA glued it in place (pulling the wire thru kept causing the grommet to pop out).

EAA37A21-3678-4488-8421-ED74DBB83B03.thumb.jpeg.9bdc940d12988273a0b1deb09c966dec.jpeg

Archived