Sonic Electronix

I've got a system in my 05 Ford Taurus, and for the longest time I've had an issue with my blower in my AC dropping down with RPMs. When I give it some gas, the blower would kick up how it should be. I just had my HIDs go out, and replaced them with normal Halogen headlights. I am not having the same problem with my headlights. When the Rpms, drop they dim, and when they go up, the brighten. The HIDs, had ballast with them and I never had a problem with them. They do not flicker when the bass hits, only dim when RPMs drop. 

Currently, I am looking at either a better battery, a second battery, or LEDs with ballasts. Would any of these fix this? 

Here is what I have.

High Output 220 Amp Alternator

Pioneer DEH-X6900BT

Pioneer Gm-D9601 2,400-Watt Class D Mono Amp

Pioneer 12-Inch 4000W TS-W3003D4 Subwoofers with Vented Box Enclosure

Planet Audio PC20F 20 Farad Capacitor

Pioneer Gm-d8604 1,200W Class-D 4-Channel Amp

Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" x 8"/5" x 7" 4-Way Full Range x 4

Even though you didn't see them flicker, the HIDs may have gone out due to low voltage.

At what RPM does this happen? 1k or so? That's about when most alternators stop charging. Get with your alternator builder and let him know what is going on. A smaller pulley may help by keeping the alternator RPMs up as vehicle RPM drops. Or he may run you through how to check the regulator.

Static drops are my bag.

Perfectly normal with that type of bulb, they are very sensitive to voltage.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived