[Sold] 2000 Walled Suburban 12 SA 15s in a 6th order B-Pillar

Got the vehicle weighed in the name of safety this morning:

z0SCcczl.jpg

About 2600 lbs over a stock 2000 suburban lol.

Then on the way home I noticed a ton of smoke pouring from the left rear wheel, and checked it out:

JSPISe7l.jpg

Looks like the emergency brake seized up in there and was grinding the whole way. No idea how long it's been like that.

It looks like the Got160s show probably isn't happening, atleast in this vehicle.

We don't have a strong enough trailer to pull the weight, and I don't trust that this vehicle will make it on its own.

The hub is literally rusted straight thru.  And the axle/hub mount looks pretty rusted also. You might wanna check out the other hubs/axles.  I'd imagine if you tried to unbolt the hub that the bolts might just break off.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

So got the Banda 7ks today and they look super good?

y0UwlIcl.jpg

However, I quickly realized it would be one problem after another with them.

First, AFTER I paid for them, I was told I would have to get a special delay added to my car, because for whatever reason Banda amps can't handle the initial voltage shock from 12.8 down to 10 back to 14.8 during the car startup.

Okay, a little inconvenient but not a huge deal. Got it done.

Then I went to wire them up, and guess what? Despite saying it accepts 1/0 inputs or 1/0 wire, the amps clearly do not!

YVySqsql.jpg

You have to buy special Banda dual inputs, or you have to cut down existing ones. More of an annoyance.

After talking with my dealer, he assured me that 1 run of 1/0 per input would be sufficient, so we went with it.

AJIVY5vl.jpg

I started out really slow this time during testing, because I did not want to blow these like the Taramps.

The gain on both amps was all the way at zero.

I would always "roll" the LC1 knob to "build rise" like I was told from my dealer.

But time and time again these guys just kept protecting. No problem, flip the delay switch, wait 30 seconds, and they'd come back.

So one plus is these have much better protect circuitry than the Taramps (which appeared to have no protect circuitry at all).

Managed to get this as a best score:

ZFkcVMVl.png

and here's my sister sitting it in and possibly her first time feeling 155+ lol. (People always demo her with both windows down for hair tricks).

But, the fun was short lived and one of the amps is dead.

So off to warranty repair it'll go on Monday, and then I'll probably sell both amps when it comes back.

I think I've got a local competitor and friend who's looking for a new demo truck, so hopefully I'll be selling the entire vehicle to him.

I just don't have enough patience, experience, or money to keep sinking into this vehicle.

17 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

Man sweet. Back up to that 58 I see. Congrats. I wish you weren't selling it haha.

19 hours ago, diegoclass2010 said:

sweet build... you have the worst with amps. dont sell it keep at it

It's not worth it right now.

It just keeps eating up money, and shows are pretty far away. Out of state is usually 4+ hours each way. No GMC 2500s or F250s to tow the thing.

Hopefully the guy who buys it will throw 12 DC XL Elites on 6 DC 5ks in here and I can post about that ?

You could use a relay instead of bandas VS1 (or whatever they call it) to delay turn on. Just needs a few milliseconds. 

Correct. Korean amp adapters don't  fit. The studs are too tall. If you were to trim them, they're also too short. 1/0 fits though. I had a 7k and 10k. Friends had them too. 

Did you check the internal fuse on the 7k.  They are designed for Brazilian use (mids and highs), rather than bass. It's common to either buss them or replace them with larger fuses. 

Regarding the Tara's comment, you had the Taramps models that were known for popping haha. 

I hope you get this figured out. That 58 is nasty ?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

3 hours ago, hdorre said:

You could use a relay instead of bandas VS1 (or whatever they call it) to delay turn on. Just needs a few milliseconds. 

Correct. Korean amp adapters don't  fit. The studs are too tall. If you were to trim them, they're also too short. 1/0 fits though. I had a 7k and 10k. Friends had them too. 

Did you check the internal fuse on the 7k.  They are designed for Brazilian use (mids and highs), rather than bass. It's common to either buss them or replace them with larger fuses. 

Regarding the Tara's comment, you had the Taramps models that were known for popping haha. 

I hope you get this figured out. That 58 is nasty 1f60e.png

Yeah I woke up to messages from my dealer suggesting the internal fuse thing.

He said when he tested them @ 0.25, he had one 7k drawing 964A due to being wired low and seeing 9v lol, so he just buss'd over it and hasn't had any issues since.

So today I'll go see if I can check that fuse without voiding the warranty, if not I'll ship it off for repair.

Opened the Banda up and it has minimal damage inside. Pretty rare for something like this to happen, from what people are telling me.

oHc1Sayl.jpg.

2g2g5WJl.jpg

I'm told if I had just swapped out the 400a internal fuse for something bigger, or removed it all together this wouldn't have had a chance to happen. Which doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but hey, I don't know much about this stuff.

These Banda's were pretty sweet though. Much, much better built than the Taramps.

Anyways, removed the emergency brake which was seized, so no more smoke and burning from the rear wheel

5v2lPrjl.jpg

And the vehicle and all the equipment are now up for sale.

So if anyone wants any of the following, shoot me a message:

• 2x Banda 7k (one good, one going in for repair.)
  • 2x SoundQubed 3500s
  • Ampere Audio 3800
  • 14 Sundown SA 15s D2
  • 3x Dragon Sounds 3500s
  • 4x 12AFT180 AGM batteries w/ buss bars (180 aH each)

I've got my eye on a really nice squarebody tahoe... so I think that'll be my next move hopefully. You never really know with me. My indecisiveness is killer.

Archived