[Sold] 2000 Walled Suburban 12 SA 15s in a 6th order B-Pillar

As some of you may know, I was just getting started into my Tahoe build when a Suburban popped up locally.

So without further ado, here she is.

240k miles on the odometer, but drives like she's brand new.?

I purchased it last night with all of the equipment in it. There's an engine light on, the A/C doesn't work, the passenger window motor is shot, 4WD is sending an error code, and a couple other minor issues are present.

JWnpnjPl.jpg

C08gYCrl.jpg

VOHIYuTl.jpg

eRA39mKl.jpg

LTimByKl.jpg

xZ15Xgsl.jpg

5JI3hpul.jpg

75liV4Zl.jpg

Oddwhepl.jpg

CtZHDb7l.jpg

I'm honestly not sure what I'll be doing to this vehicle lol.

As it sits, it's an absolute demo monster, and puts up pretty good numbers.

I'll hopefully be reconing the other 2 SA 15s and putting them back in, and may add more runs of power and ground (only 2 of each that I can see), and may swap these 200a alternators for some 370a alts that I have already.

The first things I could do, were to whip out the good ole plasti-dip and do the rims, grill area, and side stripes.

I was going to debadge it, but the process is so tedious I decided to go with dip for now.

hT5iBrVl.jpg

Pulled off the grill, hosed out the radiator and engine bay, and recharged the A/C so it now works. 

cCJH2B5l.jpg

pFPdZn4l.jpg

auvxzI3l.jpg

rdj8Wifl.jpg

Already starting to look a good bit better in my opinion!

In the coming weeks I'll be attempting to fix some of the rust spots with welding or pop rivets, probably get some tinted tail lights for it, wash and detail it, etc.

I only got to do a little bit of testing today, and these were the best numbers I could come up with.

Meter in midwest SPL location on the glass, driver door open.

iquAbIQl.png

9Jcc2Hyl.png

Evidently when the vehicle was in its prime with all 12 woofers, and 6 amplifiers, it was doing 160s consistently on music. My tentative goal is to get her back to near that.

In these videos, you can't really hear any music, which is amazing because the doors are STUPID loud.

I guess it's to the point where the iPhone can't keep up. I'll have to look into getting a new camera soon.

Cool find! I bet your neighbors love you.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

No doubt a cool find. Definitely a lot of work to put into that truck lol. What's the current battery and amp setup? Also what app and meter are you using on your phone?

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

11 hours ago, rocking.that.eclipse said:

Jeff called Jake and talked to him about you buying this. Pretty sweet truck

Yeah I was lucky enough to have Jeff vouch for me which I think sealed the deal.

Otherwise my fb profile just has audio pics, none of my actual person so it looks kind of sketchy. I doubt Greg would've driven 2 hours to deliver to a guy he'd never even seen?

10 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Cool find! I bet your neighbors love you.

Heh. We now have 5 Chevy vehicles in the family and 4 of them have sound systems, so our neighbors are used to it.

We try to be respectful and only play full tilt between 8am - 4pm while people are at work.

All the neighborhood kids (6 - 14 years old) love us though! I should hopefully have some good videos soon.

7 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

No doubt a cool find. Definitely a lot of work to put into that truck lol. What's the current battery and amp setup? Also what app and meter are you using on your phone?

For sure!

The more I look at the work that went into this wall, I'm amazed by the craftmanship and can only marvel at how much time and effort went into it.

It's pretty much everything I've ever wanted in a vehicle, and I didn't have to do any of the difficult parts lol

Right now it's got 3 Alternators, I believe they're all Finish Line 200a, but could be wrong.

One G31 kintetik in the hood, and supposedly 4 huge batteries in the rear. I haven't seen them yet since they're under all the fur and the wall back there, but I need to get at them and charge them soon.

The amps currently are just two Dragon Sounds DSA3500. Probably clamping around 1500w each @ 0.8 ohms.

The meter is an SSA APM-2 ($400 retail) and then it uses bluetooth to project to the phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the next few days I'll mostly be doing cosmetic and mechanical work to make it a bit safer, but then I have some plans to upgrade.

I am trying to buy some SA15s from a local guy (since I still don't know how to do and don't have a desire to learn to recone), and may be trading two of my 4500s for a DD M4A.

Hopefully today I'll get the oil changed, antifreeze topped off, and clean the engine bay a bit more.

We successfully changed the oil this morning, and none of it was burned, although there were quite a few bits of metal in it.

j9iO4Psl.jpg

While under there, I checked out the shocks for the first time (I was too excited when I was buying it lol)

HRq0R4zl.jpg

They're pretty shot, so I ordered new shocks and bumpers. Since we just did this job on the tahoe a couple weeks ago, it should be even easier now.

The tires are weather washed and from 2011, so I'm looking into getting some new tires and rims soon.

Then we went and gave her the old seafoam treatment to see how much shit would come flying out. Quite a bit lol. 

After a little car wash, she's starting to look pretty clean

u225w8zl.jpg

Going to be removing the 1500, Chevrolet, and Suburban badges eventually for sure. Probably dip the "chrome" bottom of the front bumper, add a brush guard, and I'm undecided about new tail lights.

Got a couple more videos today just messing around.

Was able to play full tilt for about an hour and a half before voltage started dropping to 12.5V and amps started protecting. (from overheating, not voltage)

I'm working hard to get 2 more 15s and attend Slam, but I don't know if either will happen.

Archived