[Sold] 2000 Walled Suburban 12 SA 15s in a 6th order B-Pillar

8 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Ya bro, i wasnt tryin to come off as a butthole. I like where this was going. Keep on keepin on.  Cheers and good luck. Hope you keep on this, id like to see it evolve for shiz ...

Yeah I know, and I appreciate the kind words ? it's always cool watching your build and hearing your answers to stuff

8 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

Man that sucks!! You can always get it repaired though. 

This thing is toast. See. ?

2HCow9rl.jpg

but I talked to a couple Taramps guys and they said it looks like only a $200 repair job. How in the hell it can be that cheap, I dunno.

The thing is though, I can NEVER run this amp (successfully) on this setup...

And where I thought it was the 0.5 ohm stable version, I found out it's actually only 1 ohm stable. Cus if it was 0.5 stable, I was gonna sell all the SA 15s and get 12 HDS315s D4 and wire to 0.67 and call it good...

I may look into picking up a local Taramps Bass 12k...

Or I may throw 4 SoundQubed 3500s on it...

Or I may do nothing. I'm freaking out from too many options!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, last night was quite the experience. However, to the reverse of what most people would expect (my parents were certainly surprised!) blowing that amp only made me more excited for this build lol.

I was off the phone at 3AM from talking with repair guys, and then got up at 6am already to get back to work!

Went ahead and painted over the failed splatter paint, and I think it looks much better now.

WKz00sMl.jpg

Rvr8sYMl.jpg

I still have the entire highs and mids setup, but don't want to put it on until I know what I'm doing for amps.

If I do more than two 3500s, I'll need to use that upper space for amps instead of showing off with my mini PA system.

After I got it all wired up, off to demo land I went!

JuXwjRfl.png

Now any other day, I would have been ecstatic to see a 154! Up an entire decibel just by adding the two new subs and using the same amps! (score is passenger sealed, driver window down. I didn't wanna test sealed...)

But after the excitement of last night, I'll admit I'm definitely disappointed lol.

However, this vehicle is basically exactly what I wanted, so maybe I should stop being greedy.

I can demo full tilt for 30+ minutes at idle, without ever dropping below 13V. It hair tricks like a monster, and it can make inexperienced people tap when I seal them up.

For the next couple days I'll just be exploring options and working on the Tahoe, before I decide anything more with this vehicle.

It amazes me how little the interior in this vehicle flexes. That box and roof are ridiculously sturdy.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The paint does look better,  but I'm a Buckeye! That's the only time I prefer red over blue. 

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Just some more bodywork recently.

I listed all of the highs / mids and amps for sale, since I can't figure out a way to fit more subwoofer amps and the cooling fans back there without having the space that the false wall took up.

oO8RzcGl.jpg

O5h4DiKl.jpg

CpZt4Uhl.jpg

NR9oO29l.jpg

txuoWZol.jpg

sdtmw0pl.jpg

Passenger side

QG5tjQUl.jpg

LCdxvYDl.jpg

XYM5iKTl.jpg

81vthcbl.jpg

Zv4Y5LGl.jpg

qIwFYBgl.jpg

All that's left is some rust on the barn doors, and then she's ready to be dipped

My rust is worse than that. Nice repair job!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

13 hours ago, BP1Fanatic said:

My rust is worse than that. Nice repair job!

It's amazing what a couple pop rivets and some scrap pieces of metal can do. ? I'm suuuuuupppper excited to plasti dip the whole thing.

Anyways I've been talking with SoundQubed and a couple other big names, and it's shaping up to be 3 7ks and 12 S315s soon... maybe lithium power...

Pulled most of the stuff out of the Tahoe and put up a bunch of my other things for sale if anyone is looking for amps / subs/ mids / highs.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally have some updates!

I'm not gonna lie, after blowing up that Taramps I got pretty discouraged and even contemplated selling the vehicle. I couldn't figure out how to get back that loud within my budget, and the 154s weren't cutting it after tasting that 157 lol.

Anyways my sister and I hopped in and drove 2 hours each way to a local comp, which only happened to have about 20 people show up, but it was fun as hell!

I gave her the reigns, and let her hand out demos all day while I just walked around and talked.

She had the system playing full tilt from 12pm - 3:30pm, and we never saw voltage drop below 13.5V!

Got a couple fun videos too:

Construction is starting, with two SQ 3500s @ 0.67 for now... and hoping we might upgrade to Taramps or Banda 7k/8ks if I can get one of my dealers to warranty me at this ohm load.

aCVnoNhl.jpg

And we actually cut up that conduit so that the air will flow somewhere useful from now on?

uXpuF7dl.jpg

I'm hoping it'll be wired up and testing tomorrow, aiming for a 156+.

I guess we'll see what's in store!

On 7/9/2017 at 0:01 AM, Wishuponasub said:

Nice man. Glad to see you didn't give up. That would have been a shame.

It's a constant struggle in this vehicle lol. So many little things that annoy the crap out of me.

Anyways, got the 3500s hooked up and they're putting in work!

Gained a solid 2dB all across the board from the DSA3500s.

nJ8ltk8l.jpg

lFVzhftl.png

Having that duct properly aimed also helped a ton too. I beat on them for probably 2 hours today and neither went into protect. SoundQubed FTW.

However, we have two Banda 7ks on the way that should be here by Thursday?

Nice scores, getting back to where you wanna be, love the updates bro, keep em coming!!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived