Sonic Electronix

Best way to break in a sub on the quickness!

Running 6 ab xfl 1222s on 2 dc 5ks and had one coil start to come undone.

now I have 5 broken in subs and one new so what is the best and quickest way to break this sub in so I will be all good for slammology?

IMAG1332_zpsfnegp2ma.jpg

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Try playing a low frequency tone on it free air for long periods of time. Like 20hz for a few hours. Just make sure you're not putting too much power to it and that the sub isn't heating up. You want the cone moving quiet a lot for the suspension to start stretching out but it should still have control and shouldn't be reaching it's limits. If the sub has a pole vent I would recommend finding a way to keep it at an angle are to suspend it in the air securely that way the went isn't blocked.

22 hours ago, DLHgn said:

Try playing a low frequency tone on it free air for long periods of time. Like 20hz for a few hours. Just make sure you're not putting too much power to it and that the sub isn't heating up. You want the cone moving quiet a lot for the suspension to start stretching out but it should still have control and shouldn't be reaching it's limits. If the sub has a pole vent I would recommend finding a way to keep it at an angle are to suspend it in the air securely that way the went isn't blocked.

ive seen people cut a "baffle" in a coffee table or something similar to mount it to keep the vent free and let it run free air

Put it in with the rest of them and Beat the ever loving shit out of it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

27 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Put it in with the rest of them and Beat the ever loving shit out of it.

What I would do. As long as you know that sub will heat up a bit faster than the others, you don't need to "break in" the sub. Just be mindful to check how hot that sub is when demoing for extended periods compared to the other.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I can say I have blown many subs within days of buying them. That being said I recently bought and Oscilloscope off amazon for like 60 its a piece of shit for real but it did let me set my amp damn near perfectly without clipping. When I checked it at first guess what........ my amp was clipping like you couldn't even imagine!! The point of all that is that until a couple of weeks ago I didn't have a clue that my sign wave was whacked off after only turning my volume up to 10. Which is definitely the reason I have blown up subs as soon as I put them in the box. Before the meter I would wait until I smelled the epoxy on my coil start to get hot, since I set my amp correctly I can turn the shit all the way up and not a bit of heat is induced into my woofer. It's pretty amazing actually.  Clean power equals no break in necessary.

Archived