08 crew cab sierra 2500hd replacing door speakers

Sk Kustomz

HELP

i have been searching around for really good 6.5 components, this truck had memphis audio coaxial speakers in all 4 doors doors already and have been in the truck since 2010 so they are way outdate. I have been buying and trying different brands and models of coaxials 6.5 speakers in my vehicles and so far the alpine type R were the best sounding. I've never bought components and crossovers before, i have always just stuck with coaxial because they are quick and easy replacements. I put a crunch PX-1000.4 amp behind the seat to run my door, RMS at 4 ohm is 75w RMS at 2 ohm is 125w. They got way louder but the sound quality was terrible. 

What component/coaxial speakers should i go with and what amp should i use to push them?  Has anyone heard or tried the Focal R-165s2 6.5 120w rms 2-way components?

I also have a Skar Audio VVX-10v3 D4 600w rms 1200w dual 4ohm that i am getting ready to build a box for under the seat or the console. i haven't decided on an amp for it yet, depends on if i just do one 10 or do 2. 

I don't think youll get that ten under the rear seat with out lifting it.i did a single ported 8" on one side and mounted amps on the other.as for the doors focal would be a jump over coax.just use deadner on the doors.amp wise lot of gret choices depends what you want to spend.i like zapco st series.i like to buy the biggest amp i can afford and adjust gains accordingly.i prefer to tune my amps down to the power i need.then to try to crank it up to find the power i want.

Archived