Second Skin Audio

Box design....thoughts?

Rybass

Well I tried to make this easier by adding a blueprint i made, but even the smallest setting on my phone makes the file to big. Anyway I only have a phone, so i had to do everything the old way. Im doing 2 sa 10's tunes to 33hz, not a big trunk so im going with tens. I need to do a 3inch wide port to make it work, so u think I'll get port noise that small? This is what i came up with using a calculator and re

Port 12.5h×3w×25.88L  33hz

Port area 37.5 

Port volume.842

Sub disp is.11 each.  Gross volume 4.062.  Net volume 3ft

Box is 32w×14h×20d.   Shared port in the middle of both subs

Had to do it all by hand subtracting port displacement and all that, i calculated the port volume adding the wood thickness in the width, hope thats correct

Thanks guys, not tryin to noob  ya, but i wanna get this right

On 6/14/2017 at 5:59 AM, Rybass said:

Btw I love your pics of the past builds 165db....hope eventually i can do advance calculations for boxes like the first two pics

I'm glad you like my work!  Sorry I haven't gotten back to you earlier.

Your port area is a bit small, you will probably have port noise and will lose some output due to port compression. 

If you widen your port from 3" to 4" wide that should give you enough port area.  You will need to lengthen the port to 35" to keep the tuning the same and increase the depth of your box a couple inches to make up for the lost space. 

Here is my suggestion: 

sa10.png

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived