Second Skin Audio

Box build for 2 skar audio ddx 15's

Looking to build a box for my 2 skar audio ddx 15's running a skar audio 1500.1 at 1 ohm. Putting enclosure in the back of 04 ford exporer. It has 3rd row seeting but not going to use just gonna have folded down do more room for box. Wanting a low tune and subs facing upwards. Any design help would be much appreciated. Never built a box before so any help would be great!!!!

Hey Jeff. Welcome to the board. :) And as for the box, have you ever ask around your friends/family to see if they know someone that can help you build a box? I'm no box-builder, however a friend of mine know someone and hooked me up with building a box. Had a great experience. You might want to try that and see. It did saved me $$. Good luck. 

On 6/15/2017 at 6:19 PM, JeffNeal88 said:

Looking to build a box for my 2 skar audio ddx 15's running a skar audio 1500.1 at 1 ohm. Putting enclosure in the back of 04 ford exporer. Wanting a low tune and subs facing upwards port back. Any design help would be much appreciated. Never built a box before so any help would be great!!!! Available space is W=44.5 H=22 D=22

Here is an idea. 

3.thumb.png.bbae9ddd0cb16ce3767f4aee820cb0d1.png

This how this could be laid out:

1.PNG.20385383c67b86835449006f8f191360.PNG2.PNG.d941bbb2da58bb0ddd7caee79ef789ef.PNG

There are lots of ways to make something that will fit your space, this is just one.  Joe X usually does a better job at coming up with stuff than I do, maybe he will make you something too.  

I put one brace between the sub, additional bracing throughout the box would be a good idea. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived