We've updated our Homepage! Click HERE to check it out!

So i turn my car on and get on the road and start bumping for literally like 2 minutes and all of a sudden is start to hear the bass start to die down and sound weird and i immediately turn it down and stop playing. So i turn my car off and on to restart the amp and it turns on and everything but there is barley any bass it sounds weird and the subs are moving like they are getting full power wtf happened? Could it be my rcas or is it something internal in the amp? Amp is a fsd 3800 never ran below 13v.

Unhook the subs from the amp and check them with a meter to see if you blew a coil.

Im pretty sure the subs are fine i wasnt bumping that hard when it happened. Could it cause the amp to do that tho? it literally sounds like my gain is on 0% but the subs are still flexing hard.

I 'd check to see if your port is intact internally... If your subs are still moving, maybe a terminal on box blew out? Broken box?

Edited by 1gggman1

Where the amp mounted?

Someone said it could be the box but i checked it and it all looks good from the outside and doubt it is destroyed on the inside it was made by a very reputable box builder around me. And the amp is mounted on a board in my trunk. From what i heard from amp medics is that the fsd 3800 has weak inputs so maybe that went bad but i still feel like its a rca issue i just dont want to spend the money on it and it not be the problem.

Well then you are going to have to start by checking the simple things first. Maybe one sub is out of phase?

When I had my CAB amp die on me it was doing something similar... the subs were moving wildly like it was trying to play some death note WAAYYY below tuning. 

Edited by 1gggman1